Cannot get into edit mode when double clicking on line endpoint in the Draft Workbench (osx)

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Cannot get into edit mode when double clicking on line endpoint in the Draft Workbench (osx)

Post by chrisb »

Can you create an animated gif or a video that shows the mouse acivity?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
bejant
Veteran

Re: Cannot get into edit mode when double clicking on line endpoint in the Draft Workbench (osx)

Post by bejant »

In this image, you have your Working plane set to Auto. Change your View from Top to Front, Right, Rear, or Left (NumPad 1, 3, 4, 6 respectively) and see if the Endpoints are on the same Plane as the Grid. If the Endpoints have different Z values, you'll have difficulty selecting them in Top or Bottom View.

Instead, click the button that reads "Auto" (just to the right of the Workbench Selector in your screen grab) and try changing the Working Plane to "XY" before creating your geometry.

maxagaz

Post by maxagaz »

I tried your suggestion, thanks for it, but whatever I do, I can't edit node. I also compiled FreeCAD and retried, but still nothing.

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.13664 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: 710692718c605a66a6024975b3a204106fb9d6f8
Python version: 2.7.15
Qt version: 5.10.1
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.2.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)