Help with tutorial, multiple planes in same screen?

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Dempsy

Re: Help with tutorial, multiple planes in same screen?

Post by Dempsy »

NormandC wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:15 am Why do I even waste my time making those files anyway? Seems like the people they're intended for have no interest in checking them out. :roll:
Answer: Because you love me. :P
NormandC, I didn't see that file link until you flipped out. LOL Just as Bejant also place one on the bottom of his reply just below yours. Anyway. Thank you for the help.
Dempsy wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 12:50 am Thank all of you for the responses. I had to step away for a day to wrap my head around all of this. I'll have to practice at all of the suggestions, study the information and such. That will take me a day or so. I learned a lot in the past few days from all of this. NormandC, the time you spend is truly appreciated, as is everyone else's.
I underlined my appreciation from earlier. LOL
Moving on.

I feel we need to start creating a new version of the Manual to insure it is version 17 complete and would like to expand on it too. Also, what is your opinion about placing the Manual link on the home page, like below. I feel as a Novice/NewB that this makes more sense.
Attachments
FreeCAD1png.png
FreeCAD1png.png (399.6 KiB) Viewed 516 times
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Dempsy wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:41 pmI feel we need to start creating a new version of the Manual to insure it is version 17 complete and would like to expand on it too. Also, what is your opinion about placing the Manual link on the home page, like below. I feel as a Novice/NewB that this makes more sense.
Agree on both points. The whole FreeCAD homepage should also be redone at some point... About the manual, I'd also like to try to bring in in a good shape to have it printed as a real book. This seems the perfect time to do it. AFAICS the PArtDesign chapter needs to be redone, the Drawing one needs to be replaced by TechDraw, and the part with the Addon Manager needs to be updated too. Path too I think.
Dempsy

Post by Dempsy »

yorik wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:01 pm Agree on both points. The whole FreeCAD homepage should also be redone at some point... About the manual, I'd also like to try to bring in in a good shape to have it printed as a real book. This seems the perfect time to do it. AFAICS the PArtDesign chapter needs to be redone, the Drawing one needs to be replaced by TechDraw, and the part with the Addon Manager needs to be updated too. Path too I think.
I guess the homepage could have some spice added to it. It is a little dull. Developing the manual as a book idea I like. Are you thinking of selling it? Or what did you have in mind? As for the chapters you mentioned. I went through most of the Drawing chapter. It looks like you wrote that. Is that the chapter you want to call "TechDraw"? If so, sounds like a better, more interesting name to me.

How would I or us go about getting started with all of that? I mean, does someone have to give permission to redo the Manual or the Homepage?
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

No, TechDraw is another workbench than Drawing. That chapter has to be redone entirely. Yes, the idea would be to sell a book and get some extra money for FreeCAD.
Dempsy

Post by Dempsy »

yorik wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 6:25 pm No, TechDraw is another workbench than Drawing.
I found it. It is on the Wiki page under "Working with Workbenches". It isn't in the actual Manual.
yorik wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 6:25 pm Yes, the idea would be to sell a book and get some extra money for FreeCAD.
Sounds fine to me. It is a lot of work though. You help me with what I want to do and put me in the credits area of the book, and I'll build you a book to sell.
How do you feel about that idea?