Cannot See Error Message in Tutorial 07a

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
FC-Architecter

Re: Cannot See Error Message in Tutorial 07a

Post by FC-Architecter »

GeneFC wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:19 pm I played around with the latest dropbox file, and I think the problem might be that the fillets are colliding with the curves in the sketch that was revolved.

Gene
If that were the case, wouldn't the problem have shown up with the first fillet, not with the last? Also -- all the fillets on the other side of the object were successful.

Here are my current tesselation settings. I will bring them down to 0.1%
TESSELATION.png
TESSELATION.png (36.79 KiB) Viewed 448 times
I just tried to increase the fillets to 1.00 but I got the same error message: BSplCLib::Interpolate So changing tesselation had no effect.

I see something else too: 2 seam lines appear just where the fillets bump up against the fillets made in Sketch for the Revolution.
EXTRA_SEAMLINES_APPEAR.png
EXTRA_SEAMLINES_APPEAR.png (18.63 KiB) Viewed 446 times
What I can try next is going into Sketch and reducing the fillets in the main pulley by 0.5.
REDUCING_PULLEY_FILLET_RADII.png
REDUCING_PULLEY_FILLET_RADII.png (48.4 KiB) Viewed 443 times
Since all the fillets in the main pulley were constrained to equality at 3.175, subtracting 0,5 = 2.675 for all of them.

It looks like that worked. I was just able to increase the fillet size back up to 1.0mm. There were no error messages.
If this were rocket science, making a change like that might be bad, but in architecture, you could probably get away with it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s3ffjqlkrw6mv ... fcstd?dl=0
Last edited by FC-Architecter on Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 7 times in total.
FC-Architecter

Post by FC-Architecter »

chrisb wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:17 pm I think you changed some details since you first asked for the fillets. Here I have only one seam in each fillet (except the one lying on the seam of the disc) while you have several of them. You probably changed the radius of the holes?
I see seam lines going through the fillets that are the seam lines of the holes in the polar patterns.
When the fillets are enlarged to 1.00mm, as in the screenshot, I see additional seamlines in the fillets.

With this file, I first tried reducing the radius of the holes in the polar pattern fro 11.13 to 2.12. I was able to put in 1.00mm fillets in all of them, but it did not work when i tried to increase the hole radius back up.

Then I reduced the fillet size down to 0.5. That worked.

I think "sketch" should have all the correct 07a measurements, but as I said in the response to GeneFC, I had to change the fillet radii in the main pulley sketch.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

FC-Architecter wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:15 pm If that were the case, wouldn't the problem have shown up with the first fillet, not with the last? Also -- all the fillets on the other side of the object were successful.
If things are just touching there occur precision problems, So it happens that it works in some cases and doesn't in others.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
FC-Architecter

Post by FC-Architecter »

I am re-doing vid 07a exactly according to the video, but after I remap sketch to revolution (after tapering the model), my model shows no errors.

So I don't have to make any of the repairs or remapping that goes on in the video.

this is about minute 8:05

I have finished 07a as close to the video as I could. It gives no error messages. So I think I can move on.

Here is the Dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ml0on0upglzvs ... fcstd?dl=0

DEP_GRAPH_07a.png
DEP_GRAPH_07a.png (29.45 KiB) Viewed 402 times