RESOLVED: Render_Render failed

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
OakLD

RESOLVED: Render_Render failed

Postby OakLD » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:45 pm

Hello,

I am strugling to get any render to work. I started with Luxrender and then tried POV-RAY, getting similar error...

EDIT: I deleted the content of this question and marked this thread as resolved, because once starting the Raytracing WB instead of Render WB, it was easy to follow Yorik's manual. He even warns Windows users about file restrictions. Now the render works and I get beautiful totally black picture... :D
To any users who might face difficulties with render setup: Make sure you are using Raytracing WB (not Render WB) and Yorik's manual.

I'm running/testing few branches, this exactly is from Assembly3/RealHunter's branch, but I tried stable 0.17, but had even less luck.
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.5235 (Git shallow)
Build type: Release
Branch: (HEAD detached at FETCH_HEAD)
Hash: 0c86e915337261dcf93e6590ec4cd8bb2c2e451b
Python version: 2.7.14
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.2.0
Locale: Czech/CzechRepublic (cs_CZ)
Regards,

Oak
NormandC

Re: RESOLVED: Render_Render failed

Postby NormandC » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:08 pm

Hi,

OakLD wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:45 pm
Make sure you are using Raytracing WB (not Render WB)
I was really puzzled by your advice, because there is no Render workbench in FreeCAD. Then I checked the Addon manager and found there is a third-party module of this name.
OakLD

Re: RESOLVED: Render_Render failed

Postby OakLD » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:50 am

Yep, I installed it during last FC setup, sensing I might need a "Render" - not realizing that "Raytracing" is the same thing and probably much later release. Yorik's manual doesn't state for which workbench it is made in it's title, though if I paid enough attention to the content, I'd note that he works with Raytracing right from my beggining. My mistake... :)
Regards,

Oak