Vid 11: Rectangle wrong plane and extra body

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
NormandC
Veteran

Re: Vid 11: Rectangle wrong plane and extra body

Post by NormandC »

FC-Architecter,

I've been here a long time, and I can tell you that by far, you have been one of the forum members who has required the most help and been given the most time by forum regulars, with page after page of questions and answers. And yes, many times you asked the same questions.

As one who is probably the most caustic and impatient person on this forum (if I'm one thing, I'm brutally honest, including with myself), I think that you are being dishonest in your accusations toward chrisb and GeneFC. In their later replies, they did actually acknowledge they had been impatient with you; yet you chose to ignore their replies. As chrisb wrote, he did help you a lot in your topics and you don't even acknowledge that.

Now, will you ignore my reply as well, because it doesn't comfort you in your opinion? Or will you make amends like GeneFC and chrisb already did?
FC-Architecter

Post by FC-Architecter »

NormandC wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:12 pm FC-Architecter,

I've been here a long time, and I can tell you that by far, you have been one of the forum members who has required the most help and been given the most time by forum regulars, with page after page of questions and answers. And yes, many times you asked the same questions.

As one who is probably the most caustic and impatient person on this forum (if I'm one thing, I'm brutally honest, including with myself), I think that you are being dishonest in your accusations toward chrisb and GeneFC. In their later replies, they did actually acknowledge they had been impatient with you; yet you chose to ignore their replies. As chrisb wrote, he did help you a lot in your topics and you don't even acknowledge that.

Now, will you ignore my reply as well, because it doesn't comfort you in your opinion? Or will you make amends like GeneFC and chrisb already did?

Ok I will do if for you but you will see it serves no purpose:

1. chrisb has been making unnecessary unpleasant comments for weeks. A mature person simply avoids unpleasant situations; he does not come back again and again unless he has personal emotional problems that cause him to seek conflict with others.

2. In this thread chrisb and GeneFC made almost identical comments: chrisb "Here we go again [blah blah]..." GeneFC "You've been told before [blah blah]..." A mature person (whether he knows FC or not asks himself what possible value such comments could have except to hurt another person's feelings?

Do you understand the implication about the personalities of GeneFC and chrisb? If you want to be in the big leagues in this life or with me, you cannot use your technical knowledge as an excuse for abusive conduct.

3. GeneFC made his unpleasant comment after chrisb. This means GeneFC is following chrisb and will attack someone only after chrisb does it first so it is safe to do.

4. NormandC posted immediately after chrisb attack post. NormandC's response proved that chrisb's post was incorrect. That is why I tested GeneFC and chrisb by posting my rationale for my actions.

5. Then both chrisb and GeneFC evaded my reasoning.

Here's is chrisb's attack post:

"and here we are again: These videos are made for 0.16 and as you should have learned from all the other video tutorials you have worked through: there was no body construct in 0.16."

But after I stated my case and implicitly challenged him to back up his remarks, here is what chrisb says:

"I will not lookup old posts only to prove that Gene or I or others were right with their comments....." chrisb gives himself an excuse not to verify his remarks because he would be proven wrong.

Here is GeneFC's attack post:

"You have been told repeatedly, including a couple of times by me, that those old videos simply will not work the same way in FC versions 0.17 and beyond. And yet you continue to ask questions about why bodies appear in your models."

But after I stated my reasons, here is GeneFC backing out.

Here's what GeneFC said in response: "I won't continue the back and forth, ..."

I already knew about the Body issue. GeneFC did not want to continue with the back and forth because he would have had to admit that this statement he made to me was wrong:

Well, GeneFC, maybe you can fool bejant but you can't fool me.

If with chrisb or GeneFC can't back up their atttack statements point for point, they should not attack people on internet forums.

My absence from this thread over the past few days has not been to ignore your abusive friends whom you bend over backwards to defend at my expense. It is because I have been in many internet flame wars and no matter who wins I don't think it serves any purpose. I think your subtext here is that if I am not apologetic and servile to your nasty friends you won't help me any more with FC. Is that your real message? If so, I don't need help at that price.

You said above about someone being caustic and impatient. Meaning me or you? The only time I have been caustic and impatient is in this thread after I had had enough of a couple of trolls. Show me any proof of that in any other thread. If you can't, you apologize to me and think about your own cognitive defects.
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

I'm not sure if I'm going to respond to the following or not, but I decided to preserve it in the event I decide to address it later.

@FC-Architecter:
  • NormandC was referring to himself as caustic.
  • You don't know me and I resent the implications that GeneFC somehow "fool"(ed) me and that I am that stupid
FC-Architecter wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:06 pm
FC-Architecter,

Ok I will do if for you but you will see it serves no purpose:

1. chrisb has been making unnecessary unpleasant comments for weeks. A mature person simply avoids unpleasant situations; he does not come back again and again unless he has personal emotional problems that cause him to seek conflict with others.

2. In this thread chrisb and GeneFC made almost identical comments: chrisb "Here we go again [blah blah]..." GeneFC "You've been told before [blah blah]..." A mature person (whether he knows FC or not asks himself what possible value such comments could have except to hurt another person's feelings?

Do you understand the implication about the personalities of GeneFC and chrisb? If you want to be in the big leagues in this life or with me, you cannot use your technical knowledge as an excuse for abusive conduct.

3. GeneFC made his unpleasant comment after chrisb. This means GeneFC is following chrisb and will attack someone only after chrisb does it first so it is safe to do.

4. NormandC posted immediately after chrisb attack post. NormandC's response proved that chrisb's post was incorrect. That is why I tested GeneFC and chrisb by posting my rationale for my actions.

5. Then both chrisb and GeneFC evaded my reasoning.

Here's is chrisb's attack post:

"and here we are again: These videos are made for 0.16 and as you should have learned from all the other video tutorials you have worked through: there was no body construct in 0.16."

But after I stated my case and implicitly challenged him to back up his remarks, here is what chrisb says:

"I will not lookup old posts only to prove that Gene or I or others were right with their comments....." chrisb gives himself an excuse not to verify his remarks because he would be proven wrong.

Here is GeneFC's attack post:

"You have been told repeatedly, including a couple of times by me, that those old videos simply will not work the same way in FC versions 0.17 and beyond. And yet you continue to ask questions about why bodies appear in your models."

But after I stated my reasons, here is GeneFC backing out.

Here's what GeneFC said in response: "I won't continue the back and forth, ..."

I already knew about the Body issue. GeneFC did not want to continue with the back and forth because he would have had to admit that this statement he made to me was wrong:

Well, GeneFC, maybe you can fool bejant but you can't fool me.

If with chrisb or GeneFC can't back up their atttack statements point for point, they should not attack people on internet forums.

My absence from this thread over the past few days has not been to ignore your abusive friends whom you bend over backwards to defend at my expense. It is because I have been in many internet flame wars and no matter who wins I don't think it serves any purpose. I think your subtext here is that if I am not apologetic and servile to your nasty friends you won't help me any more with FC. Is that your real message? If so, I don't need help at that price.

You said above about someone being caustic and impatient. Meaning me or you? The only time I have been caustic and impatient is in this thread after I had had enough of a couple of trolls. Show me any proof of that in any other thread. If you can't, you apologize to me and think about your own cognitive defects.
Last edited by bejant on Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

FC-Architecter wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:06 pm I think your subtext here is that if I am not apologetic and servile to your nasty friends you won't help me any more with FC. Is that your real message? If so, I don't need help at that price.
You are completely off-track with my intent. I was not telling you to be apologetic nor servile, I was asking you to consider that they did help you, they made amends and to move on. chrisb made a splendid apology and you ignored it; pushed by myself to acknowledge it, you show only what I can see as vindictiveness. And I know vindictiveness very well, because it is one of my own traits.

FC-Architecter wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:06 pm You said above about someone being caustic and impatient. Meaning me or you?
Please. I was talking about myself and I think it was perfectly clear.

I'm pasting here the relevant section:
NormandC wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:12 pm As one who is probably the most caustic and impatient person on this forum (if I'm one thing, I'm brutally honest, including with myself), I think
I'm exclusively talking about myself in the quote above. bejant understood that BTW.

FC-Architecter wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:06 pm Ok I will do if for you but you will see it serves no purpose:
On that we are in complete agreement. The good thing is your reply was very telling. I'm sure you'll be glad to know that we will not cross paths again. I will ignore your posts from now on. And I don't care what you infer from it.
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

@FC-Architecter, I also resent that you somehow think GeneFC was out to "fool" me or anyone else.

Edit: I think it would be helpful for you to review your previous posts (all of your posts, not only the posts in this topic thread) in which you have a problem using FreeCAD. Read your description of the problem, review the replies regarding that problem, download the file you posted, and then try to fix that problem in the file. After you've solved that problem, move further in that thread until you get to the next problem, and try to fix that one, and so on until you have fixed each of your problem files and are proficient both in recognizing the error and in repairing the file.
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

I was not going to add any more, but I decided I will add one for the record.

I went back and checked several of the long topics initiated by FC-Architecter. I made something on the order of 25 comments, and I downloaded and checked numerous FCStd files. *One* of those comments was intended to be somewhat humorous, if a bit pointed.

Many of the other comments received positive responses, such as "Thanks, you saved me on that one."

Troublemaker I am!!!!!

Enough said.

Gene
FC-Architecter

Post by FC-Architecter »

bye_bye.jpeg
bye_bye.jpeg (24.08 KiB) Viewed 967 times
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

Great to see we've opened your eyes a bit.
FC-Architecter

Post by FC-Architecter »

bejant wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:38 pm Great to see we've opened your eyes a bit.
NormandC wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:06 am I'm sure you'll be glad to know that we will not cross paths again. I will ignore your posts from now on. And I don't care what you infer from it.
When do you start ignoring my posts? i'm not trying to rush you or anything.
Special_photo.png
Special_photo.png (141.38 KiB) Viewed 938 times