Program Freeze and fatal error in Sketch

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
cad-neophyte

Program Freeze and fatal error in Sketch

Post by cad-neophyte »

I have just started using Freecad and think the tutorials are good! I followed the Bike Rim tutorial and mimicked almost every click, deletion and constraint as I could. During the first video if two when the designer would come to the making the left two lines parallel, the program would freeze and then a "report error" window would appear. Once clinking my choice the program would close.

This only happens while using the "parallel" button while in Sketch.

I was successful in saving the project one my third attempt right before reaching the error point. I would restart Freecad and try again. I had to finally reboot my computer and reopen Freecad. Once I did this, I was able to make the first set of lines parallel and the second set. When I tried to do the third set of lines, the error happened again.

System: Windows XP PRO, 32bit
NormandC
Veteran

Re: Program Freeze and fatal error in Sketch

Post by NormandC »

Welcome here, cad-neophyte.

I have moved your post to the "Help on using FreeCAD" forum. The "Open Discussion" forum, as its description says, is for "Open discussion about the future of FreeCAD".

You have not mentioned what version of FreeCAD you are using.

Please go to Help --> About FreeCAD and report the version and revision number. First should show as 0.1x and second should be 4 digits.