What is it called grid, plane or what?

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:42 pm

What is it called grid, plane or what?

Postby kc7air » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:43 pm

Hi, I'm at a loss what to call an item within FC so cannot search the forum thoroughly. The grid is the horizontal and vertical (white) dotted lines every 10 mm where I work on the sketcher bench. But, in the lower background underneath is another (black) lined grid. What is it's proper name?
The grid and the <fill-in-the-blank> will on occasion get askew after placement and XYZ positioning. I'm searching for a way to reconcile the two with my object(s)...almost there. I'm having a blast learning this system and thanks to all the forum advice I've soaked up so far. Patrick in AZ/KC7AIR
Ver 0.17
Rev 13528 (Git)
Windows 10 64-bit
User avatar
Posts: 799
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:36 pm
Location: Hof Germany

Re: What is it called grid, plane or what?

Postby HarryGeier » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:44 am


if this is what you mention:
2018-08-17 12_43_18-FreeCAD 0.18.png
2018-08-17 12_43_18-FreeCAD 0.18.png (3.17 KiB) Viewed 101 times
this is the axes of the origin

That is what i see in Sketcher

Can you send a screenshot , so we know what yxou talk about
Kaum macht man´s richtig , gehts´s
My Video Tutorials on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoe3B ... p8Q/videos
My FreeCAD Stuff on Hidrive: https://my.hidrive.com/share/qr3l1yddy6#$/
User avatar
Posts: 2391
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:47 pm
Location: Vosges

Re: What is it called grid, plane or what?

Postby meme2704 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:19 pm

The black grid this grid part defect of the workshop "Draft"
To delete it, "Edit, Setting, Draft, and clik or not on grid
preference.PNG (173.45 KiB) Viewed 82 times