strange model view/splash screen messages

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
NormandC
Veteran

Re: strange model view/splash screen messages

Post by NormandC »

Thanks Gene. This should be added to the wiki...
jltott

Post by jltott »

Thanks all for your help.

For information, rolling back the driver on the Radeon card cured the problem with the strange model view, so thank you to everyone for the help on that, greatly appreciated. Time now to pester Radeon I think.

On the splash screen, obviously a seperate issue which does not cause any problems that I have yet found, will post if I find anything.

Thanks folks
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Glad this solved your problem!
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

NormandC wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:44 pm Thanks Gene. This should be added to the wiki...
Done, added a new subsection "Using command line options without a command line shell" http://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/Start%20 ... figuration. Windows and Ubuntu users please validate.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
GeekinaCave

Post by GeekinaCave »

In case someone is interested i have a R9 380 and i tested the 0.18 beta with the last version of GPU driver 18.11.2 and it works with no transparency problem 8-).

Perhaps the developer team can use this to track what cause the transparency problem in 0.17 and maybe make a update to fixit?
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

GeekinaCave wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:53 am In case someone is interested i have a R9 380 and i tested the 0.18 beta with the last version of GPU driver 18.11.2 and it works with no transparency problem 8-).
Hi GeekinaCave, welcome to the forum and thanks for reporting back.

Perhaps the developer team can use this to track what cause the transparency problem in 0.17 and maybe make a update to fixit?
The 0.18 release is before the doors, so I guess there will be no backports.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.