Center cylinder in object

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Center cylinder in object

Post by chrisb »

Panthermal wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:41 am Not sure what you think I missed?
It's the version. If you follow the link you learn how we like to see what we call "FreeCAD info". Something like 0.17 is imprecise and doesn't bear all the information which might be necessary to answer a question. If you are really sure that it doesn't matter you are probably on a level where you know most answers yourself.
Furthermore the forum regulars can recognize the structure of the FreeCAD info at a glance. If it is hidden somewhere in the text we have to reread the whole topic. You may see only your topic and know everything which is written there by heart. Others read many many more than that and cannot remember each detail.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Panthermal

Post by Panthermal »

chrisb wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:14 am If you just start with sketcher I would encourage you to have a look at my Sketcher tutorial (at the end of first post) and give some feedback.
I think I found the answer in the PDF you linked to. Still don't know how to center a circle/cylinder to a square/box, but I think I found a work around.
Panthermal

Post by Panthermal »

chrisb wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:08 am
Panthermal wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:41 am Not sure what you think I missed?
It's the version. If you follow the link you learn how we like to see what we call "FreeCAD info". Something like 0.17 is imprecise and doesn't bear all the information which might be necessary to answer a question. If you are really sure that it doesn't matter you are probably on a level where you know most answers yourself.
Furthermore the forum regulars can recognize the structure of the FreeCAD info at a glance. If it is hidden somewhere in the text we have to reread the whole topic. You may see only your topic and know everything which is written there by heart. Others read many many more than that and cannot remember each detail.
Ok, will be sure to do this in the future if I post something.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Panthermal wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:13 am Still don't know how to center a circle/cylinder to a square/box
For an arbitrary box (I hadn't got that your box is not centered) you create external reference points on diagonally opposite corners and add a symmetry constraint beween these and the center of the circle.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.