I am trying to map a "copied sketch" on to a face of a part.
I have looked at the following thread: "How to duplicate sketch on other face of same object" (https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... edc8e9b7a6
). While following the procedure, I keep getting the following error- "In order to use this feature it needs to belong to a part object in the document". I have not clearly understood where I am making a mistake.
Procedure outlined was
1. In hierarchy tree, select the sketch you want to Copy
2. Message - copy dependent objects? - say "no"
3. Click in the 3D view window, and Paste
4. Select the face of the model onto which you want the new sketch to be mapped
5. Click the Map Sketch to Face icon
6. Select the sketch name
7. After editing the sketch, and when I try to pocket the feature - it gives me the above error.
So what do I do to make the Sketch a part of the part object?
OS: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS<br/>
Word size of OS: 64-bit<br/>
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit<br/>
Version: 0.17.13541 (Git)<br/>
Build type: None<br/>
Python version: 2.7.15rc1<br/>
Qt version: 4.8.7<br/>
Coin version: 4.0.0a<br/>
OCC version: 7.3.0<br/>
Locale: English/India (en_IN)</r>