Problem when exporting obj files

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
dcapeletti

Problem when exporting obj files

Post by dcapeletti »

Hello,
I have a model in FreeCAD that I want to export to OBJ to be treated in Blender. To do this I select the whole model in 3D view with shift + b and drag the cursor to select everything. Then I export it all to .obj.
Then in blender I import the object, but the problem is that the object does not appear complete, some parts are missing.
I attach the files in a zip so you can review it.

How can I solve it?

Thank you ;)
Attachments
import obj Blender.png
import obj Blender.png (162.6 KiB) Viewed 1237 times
Object selection.png
Object selection.png (40.45 KiB) Viewed 1241 times
All files.zip
(228.27 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Problem when exporting obj files

Post by chrisb »

I hope this is an easy one: First I moved this to the help forum. (Having almost 200 posts you should have known). In this forum you have a red banner at the top with an IMPORTANT link. Follow it and find some interesting stuff. Among others there is the description of the most frequent errors, Where you can see that you should not select all in the tree, but only the last state of your model. When exporting a body you should not export the body plus something inside. Otherwise pockets can be missing, because they are closed by some other object.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

@dcapeletti

Seriously? Again???

Problem to export to .obj

chrisb wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:18 pm First I moved this to the help forum. (Having almost 200 posts you should have known).
And this is exactly what I told him in his previous topic from 8 days ago!!! :roll:
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Chris, I am certain that the zip archive is exactly the same as in the previous topic.

I vote for locking this topic as duplicate.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

They are the same.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

When exporting to a mesh file then only select
Body, Body001 and Body001 (Mirror #1) and nothing else. Important is to not select Pad and Pocket002 because this leads to duplicate triangles and then this might be recognized as errors in the data structure and will be removed.