Entering float values for scaling of sketch/objects

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
kkamins5

Entering float values for scaling of sketch/objects

Post by kkamins5 »

Freecad v. 0.17
Win 7, 64 bit
Branch releases/FreeCad-0-17
Revision number 13522

I've come across a problem and I'm not sure is a problem, I may be misunderstanding here. I'm trying to scale down a sketch (or object for that matter) and have tried the approach listed here:

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?t=9628

What I'm finding is I can scale the sketch or object up by whole integer factors, but any decimal values I try to place into the X Y Z is ignored, i.e. doesn't appear in the form field at all. Is there a setting or something I'm missing that would allow me to scale my sketch down to a more precise value?

Best, Kevin
jmaustpc
Veteran

Re: Entering float values for scaling of sketch/objects

Post by jmaustpc »

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.13541 (Git)
Build type: None
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-17
Hash: 9948ee4f1570df9216862a79705afb367b2c6ffb
Python version: 2.7.12
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/Australia (en_AU)

its working here.

Your FreeCAD version is out of date, a bug fix release came out about 3 months ago, might fix your issue. Before posting about a bug you might have found, please first check if you have at least the latest of the Release version, and usually test it in the development snap shot as it usually has thousands of bug fixes beyond any Release version.

I assume you are talking about editing the xyz properties of your Draft Clone object? Note that there is a setting in preferences to set how many decimal points can be shown in the gui, also I am using the default Units setting, if you are using some other Units setting then it may have something to do with the issue.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

And please note that depending on your locale settings you have a dot '.' or a comma ',' as decimal separator.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
TheMarkster
Veteran

Post by TheMarkster »

You're using Draft scale? Sometimes you have to delete some of the 0's before it will let you enter more digits, especially if you have uniform scaling checkbox enabled.