idf importing error

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
easyw-fc
Veteran

Re: idf importing error

Post by easyw-fc »

openBrain wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:56 pm Then the problem cause actually comes from your file (hence from your ECAD software). I processed a lot of EMN/EMP files with FreeCAD and never had any problem.
As I posted before, the Altium file seems to have a pcb Edge done twice (two lines each edge/border) ... then the result is a wrong shape when exported to idf...
I didn't noticed either errors on IDF importing coming from other pcb files....
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

easyw-fc wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:30 pm As I posted before, the Altium file seems to have a pcb Edge done twice (two lines each edge/border) ... then the result is a wrong shape when exported to idf...
Unfortunately I didn't have Altium to check. Maybe that is the reason.
On IDF file, board outlines are superimposed with thin areas of route keepout, via keepout & place keepout. It could also be the extra lines you see. ;)
Do you mean files coming from Altium or from other ECAD ?
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

openBrain wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:57 pm
easyw-fc wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:30 pm As I posted before, the Altium file seems to have a pcb Edge done twice (two lines each edge/border) ... then the result is a wrong shape when exported to idf...
Unfortunately I didn't have Altium to check. Maybe that is the reason.
On IDF file, board outlines are superimposed with thin areas of route keepout, via keepout & place keepout. It could also be the extra lines you see. ;)
Do you mean files coming from Altium or from other ECAD ?
1) I converted the Altium to kicad using the online converter and I did found that issue... but this could come from the conversion (i.e. from keepout area)
https://github.com/thesourcerer8/altium2kicad
2) in years of the Idf importer life, never noticed a report of this kind of issue
fiffo

Post by fiffo »

Thanks a lot.
I'm appraise your fast support.
I will investigate with Altium to understand how remove this double line on altium pcb.
Thanks a lot.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

fiffo wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:45 pm I will investigate with Altium to understand how remove this double line on altium pcb.
Will appreciate if you keep us updated.
I also remember that other ECAD was automatically placing a place keepin and a route keepin with same shape as board outline. Maybe this can explain the duplicated lines.