Custom TechDraw Template is Blank

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
carbonblueGTS

Custom TechDraw Template is Blank

Post by carbonblueGTS »

Hi FreeCad experts!

I'm new to FreeCAD and I've been doing tutorials all day trying to get a hang of it. I wanted to begin creating drawings, and wanted my own template, so I followed the guide https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/TechDraw_TemplateHowTo and created this masterpiece :lol: :

When I go to add it as a template to FreeCAD, nothing shows up. It's definitely there and the correct size because you can see the fields I created for editable texts. But I can't figure out why it's all white :!: :?:

Any ideas what I'm missing? I can't find anyone else with this problem when I google it.

EDIT: I attached the SVG file.
Attachments
Custom Template.svg
(55.73 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
Forthman
Veteran

Re: Custom TechDraw Template is Blank

Post by Forthman »

I opened it with inkscape, then saved under another name
and it seems to work ;)
Capture d’écran_2019-01-19_10-35-53.png
Capture d’écran_2019-01-19_10-35-53.png (128 KiB) Viewed 1119 times
Custom Template2.svg
(55.31 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Could this again be a graphics driver problem? Do you have a Radeon card?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

carbonblueGTS wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:08 am Any ideas what I'm missing? I can't find anyone else with this problem when I google it.
The main issue seems to be that this line appears twice:
xmlns:freecad="http://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/index.ph ... _Namespace"

A minor issue is that editable field "DrawingNumber " is defined twice.

Just a style thing, but I use "text-align:start" instead of "text-align:center". This makes the green click area appear at the beginning of the editable text. It works either way, I just prefer the look.
Attachments
Custom Template_blank_mod.svg
(54.83 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
carbonblueGTS

Post by carbonblueGTS »

SOLVED! Thank you everyone!
Forthman wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:36 am I opened it with inkscape, then saved under another name
and it seems to work ;)
This solved it! I don't understand how. I already did that yesterday, I named it 2 different file names and neither worked. This morning it works...

chrisb wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:04 am Could this again be a graphics driver problem? Do you have a Radeon card?
Good thought... I use a device to give me 4 screens that has its own built-in crappy graphics card that over-rides my computer's. But I tried it normally and it still gave me the same issue.
wandererfan wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:47 pm The main issue seems to be that this line appears twice:
xmlns:freecad="http://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/index.ph ... _Namespace"

A minor issue is that editable field "DrawingNumber " is defined twice.

Just a style thing, but I use "text-align:start" instead of "text-align:center". This makes the green click area appear at the beginning of the editable text. It works either way, I just prefer the look.
Thanks for the input @wandererfan. I made all changes except the line appearing twice -- I searched through the code and that line only appeared once for me. Also, I switched the text-align to "start" but they still appear the same. Not a big deal at all for me, but I agree it would be a nicer look.