Fillet BRep_API: command not done

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
freedman
Veteran

Re: Fillet BRep_API: command not done

Post by freedman »

Now you can break as many levers as you want, not sure if that's a good thing. :)

I use a 3D printer also, I always wanted to try to print something like that but hollow and then pause the print and put a metal rod or spring steel inside for strength and finish printing. You could also print with a designed in hollow and after the print press in a tempered rod the full length of the handle. It looks like ASA is the filament for weather/UV/strength. That lever will have a natural curve when it's printed with ABS and will want to tear right off the table as it prints. I keep my bed temps higher for ABS to decrease shrinkage during the print, heat lamps can help also.
Stou

Re: Fillet BRep_API: command not done

Post by Stou »

Lol, I don't really look into breaking many levers! Broken levers mean falls... I'm not looking for that ;) It's just that I was looking for something to do to practice 3D design and printing.

It's funny that you talk about pausing the printer to put a metal rod inside. I was talking about that with a friend this morning! :idea: