DXF Export Not Working

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Roy_043
Veteran

Re: DXF Export Not Working

Post by Roy_043 »

meme2704 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:41 am
Check the 'Project exported objects along view direction' option,
I do not find this option
DXF_ExportOptions.png
DXF_ExportOptions.png (12.4 KiB) Viewed 1232 times
meme2704 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:41 am I place the object on the XY plane
In my previous post I already mentioned changing the orientation of the sketch.
meme2704
Veteran

Post by meme2704 »

Yes, true and thanks
rnwest

Post by rnwest »

Thank you all for your answers, this was very helpful and I was able to fix the problem by changing the Map Mode of the sketch and attach it back to the XZ plane, after which the dxf exported correctly, provided the "Project exported objects along current view direction" was set, without which the central triangle would not be present in the export.
openBrain wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:14 pm EDIT : here again I have to use the Legacy Importer to correctly import back the DXF to FC
openBrain, could you explain what you mean by Legacy Importer? For me it worked properly by doing File->Import and selecting the dxf file.
GeneFC wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:49 pm
rnwest wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:28 pm But why do coincidence and symmetry constraints contain spreadsheet references??
My typical response to this sort of question is that when improper references are made or other errors occur all bets are off. There can be various strange consequences. In this case probably some indexing error that tried to apply the missing spreadsheet constraints to the wrong elements in the sketcher.

If this is somehow a consistent pattern then it might be a bug. In the present case it is probably nothing.
I checked the original sketch (before deleting the spreadsheet and any other components) and the constraints were exactly the same as after deleting the spreadsheet (i.e. coincidence and symmetry constraints referencing the Spreadsheet). I think this might be a bug.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

rnwest wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:24 pm
openBrain wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:14 pm EDIT : here again I have to use the Legacy Importer to correctly import back the DXF to FC
openBrain, could you explain what you mean by Legacy Importer? For me it worked properly by doing File->Import and selecting the dxf file.
Sure. In the DXF importing preferences of FC, you can choose to use the new importer, or the legacy one.
legacy_importer.png
legacy_importer.png (44.44 KiB) Viewed 1193 times
In my (limited experience), at that time the new importer regularly fails to import correctly, and I have to keep the legacy importer. ;)
rnwest

Post by rnwest »

openBrain wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:33 pm In my (limited experience), at that time the new importer regularly fails to import correctly, and I have to keep the legacy importer. ;)
I see, thanks!
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

how related to issue #4133 is this thread ?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Migrated to GH issue #5990
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs