FEM Results Menu option

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
lidgaca

FEM Results Menu option

Post by lidgaca »

Hi

I'm using the FreeCAD_0.18.16000.glibc2.17-x86_64.AppImage on ubuntu, and have hit another problem.

On my system when I create a results mesh, I can open up the Calculix_static_results object and display the resulting displacements.

However I have no control over the colour gradient that is applied to the results mesh or any idea what values the colours relate to. The scale is selected by magic. From reading around it seems I should be able to manipulate this with the

Results-> PostPipelineFromResult

menu item. Unfortunately I don't seem to have one. The only options that appear under my Results menu item are

Purge Results S,S
Show Results S,R

Why don't I see any of the 'pipeline' menu items, and are there any other method to manipulate the results mesh ?

-- Chris
lidgaca

Re: FEM Results Menu option

Post by lidgaca »

So I think I figured this out .... The appimage that I downloaded on Saturday (16000) does not have the pipeline options in the Results menu item. I just downloaded a new appimage (16027) and now I do have the pipeline options.

Unfortunately 16027 does *not* have the calculix binary in the app image :(

I can get round that so that's not that big a problem, but is there a method I can send a note to the people who prepare the appimages to let them know that the current one is deficient ?

-- Chris