[Merged] Ticket #3896 - [Feature] Dependency graph panning

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Dependency graph panning

Post by chrisb »

craig9 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:48 pm I hope that's ok?
Thanks. For future ease of life: you only have to remember the number of the issue, and then you can use the wiki bug tag offered by the posts editor here as so:

Code: Select all

[wiki]3896[/wiki]
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

chrisb wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:13 pm For future ease of life: you only have to remember the number of the issue, and then you can use the wiki tag offered by the posts editor here as so:

[wiki]3896[/wiki]

[bug]3896[/bug]
;)
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

:oops: :oops:
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
craig9

Post by craig9 »

Thanks chrisb :D

Now that I look more closely, I see all those custom shortcuts above the forum post editor window. That's pretty useful.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Good to see you found something useful in my messed up post.
lvk88

Re: Ticket #3896 - [Feature] Dependency graph panning

Post by lvk88 »

Hello,

my name is László, I have started using FreeCAD recently. It is a very nice tool, many thanks to the contributors and the community for developing it!

I had a look on the issue of this topic, and implemented a fix such that panning the dependency graph becomes possible with the left mouse button. I would like to submit a pull request, but it's a bit unclear for me how exactly to proceed. The wiki says I need to open a forum thread in the developer subforum to discuss my patch.

https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Tracker#Submitting_patches

Does this mean that I am in wrong topic here, as this is the 'Users' subforum? My confusion stems from the fact that the bugtracker was referring to this topic in the ticket description. issue #3896

Thanks for your help!

László
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Very cool! Can you share a screenshot or an animated gif of the feature you've coded?

Thanks for the heads up about the wiki page, I've improved it. To learn more about how to submit a Pull Request to our source code repository, read the step-by-step instructions on our wiki page dedicated to such things: Github
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

lvk88 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:12 pm The wiki says I need to open a forum thread in the developer subforum to discuss my patch.
You did everything right: before creating a ticket the issue should be discussed in the forum. If you have solved the ticket, you report the solution in the corresponding ticket.
lvk88

Post by lvk88 »

Hello again,

Thanks for your answers!
Kunda1 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:01 pm Very cool! Can you share a screenshot or an animated gif of the feature you've coded?
Sure thing, here you go:
depgraph_pan.gif
depgraph_pan.gif (514.43 KiB) Viewed 550 times
chrisb wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:39 pm You did everything right: before creating a ticket the issue should be discussed in the forum. If you have solved the ticket, you report the solution in the corresponding ticket.
Alright, thanks for the clarification. So now I can submit a PR on Github from my fork to FreeCAD repo, and refer to this discussion in the PR description. At the same time, I will write a comment in the bug tracker that a PR was opened. Is this correct?

László
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I think so. You can close the bug report if the PR is merged. If you don't have the right, report it here, and I can close it.