Misplaced holes in polar pattern on a revolution

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
meme2704
Veteran

Re: Misplaced holes in polar pattern on a revolution

Post by meme2704 »

I test Hole by an example: M8
Cunterbore: diameter 16mm depth: 4mm = diameter too small to allow the passage of a spaner (Canadian 'spaner I do not know), depth too small to contain a screw H or CHc
Cheesehead: I do not know this type of head and yet I'm from the country of "cheese that stink", but too small to contain a screw head C or CHc (12.8mm Dia / 4.8mm depth)
What is the usefulness of a tool that does not comply with ISO standards
Attachments
hole.PNG
hole.PNG (54.6 KiB) Viewed 1037 times
mperrando

Post by mperrando »

Hello NormandC.

Just for the record, I never said that the hole feature is "just utter hogwash". Instead, I find this feature a life saver, in fact I am looking forward to using it in my project. :)

I confirm that constraints does not play any role in this bug. In my real project every sketch is "green", I only realised the most simple file that could show the strange behaviour.

I am glad this bug has been fixed in 0.18. I will search a place where I can download it, in order to move forward with my project.

Thank you very much for the prompt and complete support to you all.

All the best.

MP
kisolre
Veteran

Post by kisolre »

mperrando wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:44 am I am glad this bug has been fixed in 0.18. I will search a place where I can download it, in order to move forward with my project.
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/releases
mperrando

Post by mperrando »

kisolre wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:50 am
mperrando wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:44 am I am glad this bug has been fixed in 0.18. I will search a place where I can download it, in order to move forward with my project.
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/releases
Thank you kislore, just found it! :)
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

mperrando wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:44 am I never said that the hole feature is "just utter hogwash".
He wasn't referring to you.

meme2704 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:31 am Cheesehead: I do not know this type of head and yet I'm from the country of "cheese that stink",
I think something got lost in translation...
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

meme2704 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:31 am What is the usefulness of a tool that does not comply with ISO standards
If you have better values for the presets, discuss them here and finally open a ticket and put them there.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Syres
Veteran

Post by Syres »

meme2704 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:31 am Cheesehead: I do not know this type of head and yet I'm from the country of "cheese that stink", but too small to contain a screw head C or CHc (12.8mm Dia / 4.8mm depth)
What is the usefulness of a tool that does not comply with ISO standards
The only thing I see incorrect is there should be a space between Cheese and Head on the combo box selection as it's quoted on iso.org https://www.iso.org/standard/56456.html
meme2704
Veteran

Post by meme2704 »

There is no need to write a ticket for this, just open the first technology manual of the smallest mechanical school class to read it.
And also to connect the data of Fastener Wb where I finally find these famous cheeseHead screws, for example the model M8 measures 13mm Dia, and the hole is drilled 12.8mm with the tool Hole
Attachments
cheese head.PNG
cheese head.PNG (48.69 KiB) Viewed 1005 times
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

meme2704 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:53 pm There is no need to write a ticket for this, just open the first technology manual of the smallest mechanical school class to read it.
You probably haven't understood the purpose of the tracker. How can a developer know which book I have opened? Do you only want to complain, or do you want to help? I sure hope the latter, because you seem to have a lot of knowledge to share.
Share it.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
meme2704
Veteran

Post by meme2704 »

I'm willing to help, I do it often (sometimes too much, until I'm treated troll), but here how to write a ticket on a subject where it must be taken into account thousands and thousands of pages of ISO relative only for fasteners :?:
In the case above, it is sufficient that the diameter, the depth and the angle of the milling is free of access to the user