Draft.Upgrade Does Not Always Work

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
craigjl62

Re: Draft.Upgrade Does Not Always Work

Post by craigjl62 »

Jim,

Thanks for the instructions about the edge tool in sketches. Work quite well.

I've redone my cross section 3 times now, just to lock the process in. My last iteration looks great, and I've already extruded about 10 different lengths of the profile.

Yorik,
I suspected that the bug was already known, but wanted to make sure someone was aware. Wish I was a programmer, I'd dive in and take a look. The problem is very strange.

Where is the correct place to report problems seen, and request features or suggest improvements?
Jim Craig
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

It's http://sourceforge.net/apps/mantisbt/free-cad/ but it's usually best to discuss things here on the forum before, like you did...
I just added a small fix in the development version that at least doesn't wipe the wire out when it can't produce a face, but I have no easy fix for this yet, sometime opencascade simply refuses to do such apparently simple operations...
C4onics

Post by C4onics »

hi there, I know this is 5 years old, but I was having same trouble when doing the tutorial on the wiki when ask you to upgrade 2 arcs and 2 lines, found out in other tutorial that sometimes the snaps get confuse if you have all of them on, I notice that the end point logo wasn't showing up when making the connecting lines, so I turned off all the snaps except the end point one and made mi line again and it worked, now I have a wire. So for the looks of it you have to be pretty bang on when you are making a shape, making sure all the corner are right at the end point, not a pixel off.

Correct me if I am wrong, I literally started learning on how to use FreeCAD 2 days ago, big step up from sketchup to this.

C4
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

C4onics wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:37 pm hi there, I know this is 5 years old
please don't necrobump
Open a new thread and reference this old one.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs