Povray and local coordinate systems

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
malte_e

Povray and local coordinate systems

Post by malte_e »

Hi,

I am trying to render a collection of three components (two generated from kicad, one from the manufacturer) using povray. All parts from the kicad exports are using their own coordinate systems. When I create a .pov file, it appears that all parts are moved from their local coordinate system to the global coordinate system without preserving their initial position with respect to the global coordinate system. Their local coordinate system coordinates are used as global coordinates. This of course messes up the render.

I don't really care how to fix this as I am not intending to edit the file any further. So whether I can somehow make the povray export do the coordinate translation for me or do the coordinate translation in freecad doesn't matter to me.

I attached a file showing the problem. I have one origin for Open_CASCADE_STEP_translator_6_9_1 and one origin for DSUB_25_Male... I their coordinate systems to all be translated to the global coordinate system for my povray export.

I am using Freecad Version 0.17

Thanks in advance

Malte
Attachments
freecad_problem.PNG
freecad_problem.PNG (11.13 KiB) Viewed 245 times
quick61
Veteran

Re: Povray and local coordinate systems

Post by quick61 »

Hello malte_e, welcome.

I do not see a file attached. While it probably will not fix your current problem on it's own, you should update your FreeCAD to 0.18. Either way, if you could attach your file, my own self or someone else can take a look and see what's going on.

Mark
This post made with 0.0% Micro$oft products - GOT LINUX?