For simplicity reasons I attach the ShapeString nevertheless to a face, a more robust approach should avoid it.
- Create a PartDesign body with some features.
- Switch to Draft workbench and create a ShapeString, don't care about the working plane
- Drag and drop the ShapeString into the body, this is how the body can look like:
- Switch back to PartDesign workbench
- Attach the ShapeString. There are different ways to do this:
- Select a face or a standard plane and click ; then select the ShapeString and confirm with attachment mode "Flat face".
- You can click on AttachmenOffset and open the attachment dialog for more subtle attachments.
Despite the warnings from above I attached it to a face:
- Change the AttachmentOffset to your liking; I moved it 6mm in x- and 2mm in y direction
- Create a pad or a pocket, here it's a pocket