Unspecified error blocking pad

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
freman
Veteran

Unspecified error blocking pad

Post by freman »

I constructed a stack if three padded elements then moved the z=0 point to the top surface and proceeded to set out paths. Fine so far.

I then realised that I needed some extra geometry on the last sketch to make a pocket. I found I had to remove the last pad leaving just the sketch. This broke some paths which depended on it, so deleted them too.

I added two circles to the sketch and tried to pad it again. I enter the depth of pad and it pops up a tiny error box with just the word "Error". Nothing in the report view nothing on linux console.

Once again I find my self with an irrecoverable error and the need to start over , yet again.

Can anyone see what is blocking this now?

TIA.

Code: Select all

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.16854 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: fe0fd5512ba9a8a9c729cdc47af35bbe965050ac
Python version: 2.7.15
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/UnitedKingdom (en_GB)
Attachments
DSQ3mm-Error.FCStd
(45.17 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
HarryGeier
Veteran

Re: Unspecified error blocking pad

Post by HarryGeier »

hi frreman,

the logic of the 3 concentric shapes does not work. The logic creates a ring , then comes the rectangular shape...and nothing more to create second solid

Switch the rect shape to helper lines and you can pad the ring shape or add another shape around all 3 to have an boundary for the second solid.
Kaum macht man´s richtig , gehts´s
My Video Tutorials on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoe3B ... p8Q/videos
My FreeCAD Stuff on Hidrive: https://my.hidrive.com/share/qr3l1yddy6#$/
freman
Veteran

Re: Unspecified error blocking pad

Post by freman »

Thanks Harry.

I selected just the four edges of the square and that would not work either. So I've just deleted the circles and pulled a square block as before.

My problem is that I had two circles in earlier iterations of this pattern but I can not remember how I got them.

I thought that I just select the top of the last object, created a sketch and got offered "Flatface" or something similar as a means to attach it.

Now I seem to have found it again but not quite sure what the magic combo of circumstances is.

Anyway , fixed for now , many thanks.