Overlapped Parts' edge not visible through each other - Choppy Edge

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Dipankar

Overlapped Parts' edge not visible through each other - Choppy Edge

Post by Dipankar »

Hi, I am new at this - still learning a lot. I tried to search the forum/google but can't seem to find the answer to this.

When I started learning and following YouTube tutorial about 6 months ago, the parts would display through each other (for example, please see Before.png) - top, side, etc surface and edge views would look nice and solid.

After the 6 months break, downloaded and reinstalled the FreeCAD. Now, the parts would not show up through each other, only the last added part will overlap everything else displays on "top" - similar to object place sequence on Microsoft Word (bring it front, send it back, etc) - please see "Now.png"

Also, Isometric view edges are choppy and shades are off compare to how it was before. Please see "Isomatric Before.png" and "Coppy Edge.png" to compare. Animation is also gone when switching view.

I am not sure if it something to do with Draw Style or something to do with display shade setting. All the settings are as is after download.

I really liked the previous settings. Seems like lot of default setting were changed - not sure why!

Any help to go back the way things were, is greatly appreciated!
Before (A screenshot from tutorial)
Before (A screenshot from tutorial)
Before.png (26.89 KiB) Viewed 388 times
Not showing all the edges
Not showing all the edges
Now.png (5.35 KiB) Viewed 388 times
Isometric Before (a screenshot from tutorial)
Isometric Before (a screenshot from tutorial)
Isometric Before.png (73.12 KiB) Viewed 388 times
Not smooth edge and part edge see through
Not smooth edge and part edge see through
Choppy Edge.png (13.18 KiB) Viewed 388 times