Hello, please find below the report of a display bug that I had on all release versions of FreeCAD 0.18.
This bug is not present in FreeCAD_0.18.15998_x64_dev_win (this version has not crashed at all since I installed it, and with rather highly complex parts and assemblies).
OS: Windows 10
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.16117 (Git)
Build type: Release
Python version: 3.6.6
Qt version: 5.6.2
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: French/France (fr_FR)
GRAPHICS CARD ADAPTER: AMD FirePro M4170
1. Start FreeCAD.
2. Create new project.
3. Select "Part Design" WB.
4. Create a simple object (either extrude a sketch or create a solid primitive from the "Part" WB).
5. Select the created object.
6. Modify the transparency value to a non-zero value. Notice the error message: Unhandled Base::Exception caught in GUIApplication::notify. The error message is: Access Violation
7. Try to manipulate the 3D view: the display is corrupted, updates are very slow, and the rendered object is corrupted. The 3D "gizmo hepler" (3D cube + axes) on the top-right corner has disappeared.
8. Set the transparency value back to zero: the display is now back to "realtime", but the display is still corrupted, i.e. mostly completely white faces, and manipulator gizmo helper reappears but is not correctly rendered.
See attached pictured illustrations.
- Transparency set to 1. Display corrupted, 3D axis disappeared.
- FreeCAD_Bug_v003.png (89.27 KiB) Viewed 408 times
- Moving the view gets things even worse.
- FreeCAD_Bug_v005.png (90.92 KiB) Viewed 408 times
- Transparency back to zero. Display functionnal, but corrupted render (as well as the 3D axes).
- FreeCAD_Bug_v006.png (90.58 KiB) Viewed 408 times
Last edited by Gorgo13
on Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.