[Solved] Ticket #4136 - Hard crash using Addon Manager when multiple clicking on different addons

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
yorik
Founder

Re: Ticket #4136 - Hard crash using Addon Manager when multiple clicking on different addons

Post by yorik »

TThere is actually no need to uninstall anything... Just clicking through a few addons as fast as possible (just after they become clickable again) causes the crash

Weird...
yorik
Founder

Re: Ticket #4136 - Hard crash using Addon Manager when multiple clicking on different addons

Post by yorik »

Ok I think I nailed it git commit 77550e0de3

The problem was that a thread is launched to retrieve an addon description, and inside that thread, a separate method is launched to download the images. However, when calling thread.quit(), the thread is not able to finish before all running methods have returned. And so the thread was destroyed without having properly finished.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

Kunda1 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:38 pm Just a reminder, in case this got lost in all the noise
Yorik fixed it now: git commit 77550e0de38bec23af3b20be85eea38f9eb4fee7
I can confirm that the crash is now fixed. Many thanks!
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: [Solved] Ticket #4136 - Hard crash using Addon Manager when multiple clicking on different addons

Post by Kunda1 »

Closed ticket and marked thread as [Solved]
Thanks!
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs