Exporting model as OBJ only exports part of it

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Seth6537

Exporting model as OBJ only exports part of it

Post by Seth6537 »

I am currently trying to export the attached object. When I do so, only part of it is exported, notably the back part is missing as well as Fillets on the legs. I have already tried doing the steps listed in https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?t=30785 , the most relevant forum post I was able to find on the matter. So far I have tried exporting the body, as well as making a draft clone and exporting that. Neither of those two methods worked.
Attachments
Seatbot2.FCStd
(635.07 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Syres
Veteran

Re: Exporting model as OBJ only exports part of it

Post by Syres »

If you put your mouse over 'Body' you should get a Tooltip of Error (the white exclamation mark in the red disc) which means your model has a fault, most likely in the batch of Fillets at the bottom of the tree. I'm not a PartDesign expert but you should get the model error free and then try an OBJ export.

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.16110 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: (HEAD detached at upstream/releases/FreeCAD-0-18)
Hash: f7dccfaa909e5b9da26bf50c4a22ccca9bb10c40
Python version: 3.6.6
Qt version: 5.6.2
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/UnitedKingdom (en_GB)
Seth6537

Post by Seth6537 »

Syres wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:00 pm If you put your mouse over 'Body' you should get a Tooltip of Error (the white exclamation mark in the red disc) which means your model has a fault, most likely in the batch of Fillets at the bottom of the tree.
It initially said BSpline curve : Knots interval values too close. I didnt know what that meant, so I went through my sketches, and in one of them added an additional constraint on a BSpline curve. Once I did that, the Body literally just says Error with no additional context. How do I figure out what the error is now? Exporting is still missing pieces
Seth6537

Post by Seth6537 »

Nvm I just deleted all the fillets and re-did them. Works as expected now
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Seth6537 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:06 pm How do I figure out what the error is now?
You preform a recompute. Body should be enough, if not recompute the whole model.

The culprit seems to be Fillet002:
Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-17 um 01.33.57.png
Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-17 um 01.33.57.png (49.22 KiB) Viewed 263 times
You have a joint where the end of the fillet comes arbitrarily close to another edge. There seems to be a precision issue, if I change the radius to 0.101 mm it works.

Even if your current model works, I would not rely on that.It would be more robust, if you can increase the size of the vertical or decrease the size of the diagonal bar a tiny bit.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.