Black screen of dead files

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
The_BoredPrinter

Black screen of dead files

Post by The_BoredPrinter »

Hi!
First of all I'm unsure I asked this in the right section of the forum, so I'm sorry is that's so.

I've recently cleaned up in my computer and among others I deleted FreeCAD 0.16. I suppose I deleted some associated files too because now my whole screen turns black when I open a file, no matter if it's a new file or a already started file. I should also say that I deleted all of freecad but the model-files and installed FreeCAD 0.18 again to try make it better, according to the first law of engineering; "restart it". But it didn't go as planned. The same black screen is still showing.
As I mentioned, I deleted 0.16 and I must have deleted some other necessary files too, but I thought those would come back when I reinstalled it all again. How do I get those back?

Thank you.
:?:
kisolre
Veteran

Re: Black screen of dead files

Post by kisolre »

This should be in Help section. There is a big red banner with IMPORTANT link there. Please follow it and provide necessary info.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Black screen of dead files

Post by chrisb »

You can try to reset the configuration with the button in the preferences. Another possibility is to delete your config files or to move them in case you want to restore them.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.