Insert New Drawing does not show my saved Preferences

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
briankurzhal

Insert New Drawing does not show my saved Preferences

Postby briankurzhal » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:49 pm

How can I get Insert New Drawing to show my saved preferences? I created custom SVG files and saved them to their own folder. I then selected this folder under Preferences in TechDraw General, under Template Directory. Unfortunately, my custom SVG files located in my new default folder do not appear in the drop-down list for the Insert New Drawing icon within the Drawing Dimensioning workbench. Thank you kindly for any assistance you might be able to provide.
vocx

Re: Insert New Drawing does not show my saved Preferences

Postby vocx » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:06 pm

briankurzhal wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:49 pm
How can I get Insert New Drawing to show my saved preferences? I created custom SVG files and saved them to their own folder. I then selected this folder under Preferences in TechDraw General, under Template Directory. Unfortunately, my custom SVG files located in my new default folder do not appear in the drop-down list for the Insert New Drawing icon within the Drawing Dimensioning workbench. Thank you kindly for any assistance you might be able to provide.
The Drawing Dimensioning Addon does not work with the TechDraw Workbench.

Drawing Dimensioning was an extension to the old Drawing Workbench, but these two are obsolete since FreeCAD 0.17. TechDraw can do almost everything Drawing+Drawing Dimensioning were able to do, so you should either stay with the old system, or try to do everything with TechDraw. If you want to do something specific that you aren't able to do, just ask, as the TechDraw Workbench is under heavy development, and new features are added regularly.
briankurzhal

Re: Insert New Drawing does not show my saved Preferences

Postby briankurzhal » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:47 am

Than you kindly for your detailed answer to my question. This is very helpful, and appreciated.