Sketcher, tangent constraint bug

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Sketcher, tangent constraint bug

Post by chrisb »

I think it's ok like this. From other discussions I know that it is sufficient to just link the topic in the ticket.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

Roy_043 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:57 pm Interestingly the outcome of chrisb's new scenario changes if you do not preselect the arc and the line, but start the tangent tool first.
This has perhaps escaped everyone's attention. Or should I start a new topic?
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I think that's not necessary - or even counterproductive. If the OP is fixed, for a retest this topic will be reread ad thus it should be tested as well.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

chrisb wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:40 pm I think it's ok like this. From other discussions I know that it is sufficient to just link the topic in the ticket.
I would agree with that if abdullah had taken part to the discussion and/or if the thread was limited to something like 20 posts. ;)
But here I think it's worth having all clues in the ticket. Anyway its yours. :P
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I will extend the ticket later or you may add it. I have no copyright on the ticket :) .
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I will have a look when it is in the precompiled version.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

chrisb wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:50 am I will have a look when it is in the precompiled version.
Isn't it on your todo list to compile by yourself ;)
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

uwestoehr wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 2:31 am Isn't it on your todo list to compile by yourself ;)
Of course it is on my todo list. Which means that I haven't done so, because then I would of course have removed the entry from the list. If you would have followed the posts concerning this, you would have seen that the issue is the possible lack of openGL support by Apple in some of their new computers.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

chrisb wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 5:38 am you would have seen that the issue is the possible lack of openGL support by Apple in some of their new computers.
8-) I just wanted to tickle you. I hope there will be a solution and you are able to compile FC on your PC. You have such a great expertise and it would be good, if you could use it to improve FC directly. I mean you are one of the most active bug report checkers and reporter as well. I guess you have tons of ideas to improve FC.
Last edited by uwestoehr on Sun May 31, 2020 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.