model only visible from top view

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
vr6scrub

model only visible from top view

Post by vr6scrub »

Hi all,

recent adopter of FreeCAD just got finished with making a couple parts and printed them out a couple days ago. But today when I opened up the files to make changes I could only see the part in top view and all of the sketches could only be seen from the view they were made in. I don't think I had this issue before I exported to .stl is there anything I can do to fix this?

thanks
RatonLaveur

Re: model only visible from top view

Post by RatonLaveur »

Hello hello,

Great to see another maker amongst us.

To best answer your request please provide your model and version information (Help-->About Freecad)

Cheers
J.
kisolre
Veteran

Post by kisolre »

This should go to Help subforum. You can start by reading the IMPORTANT link ot top there and providing some more info: your FreeCAD version, screenshot of the problem, file with the problem, ... By your explanation I at least have not experienced such problem. There is a clipping plane problem sometimes. Model is clipped in half when rotated. But "View/Standart views/Fit all" usually fixes that.
vr6scrub

Post by vr6scrub »

"View/Standard views/Fit all" fixed the problem I was having. for future reference where is the help forum? I looked for a bit but couldn't find one so i just posted here.

thanks for the help
RatonLaveur

Post by RatonLaveur »

Hey, glad you got sorted.

The help forum is literally the first one on the forum board index and is named "Help on using Freecad".
vr6scrub

Post by vr6scrub »

oh! I thought that was for help with the GUI and stuff like that.
TheMarkster
Veteran

Post by TheMarkster »

vr6scrub wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:00 pm oh! I thought that was for help with the GUI and stuff like that.
I think that information is to distinguish it from help for python scripting. Perhaps it should be reworded?