Ticket #4164 - Crash when opening a document using "Recent files" without creating a new document before

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
wmayer
Founder

Re: Ticket #4164 - Crash when opening a document using "Recent files" without creating a new document before

Post by wmayer »

chrisb wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:41 am
wmayer wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:18 pm Can someone with macOS test if this fixes the crash? And if yes does the 3D view show something or is it just a black window?
I have tested and it works. For a very short moment 3DView goes black than the loaded model is displayed as expected.
Thanks. That the window becomes black for a short moment means that it first tries to paint the content before it receives or handles a "Show" event.
danreb

Re: Ticket #4164 - Crash when opening a document using "Recent files" without creating a new document before

Post by danreb »

tom wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:26 pm ...
I could not test your current fix on my machine yet, because there is no official Conda build for OSX containing your commit yet. I tried to compile freecad by myself, but currently I'm struggling with the pyside2 stuff.

Hi Tom FYI you can have a look at this thread https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 89#p339161 from looo who explains with a nice video how tho load a conda env based on the last git commit of the official Freecad repo.