A simple question

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
charles1954

Re: A Not so simple question

Post by charles1954 »

I have been working my way through the tutorials, getting aquainted with as many of the features of FreeCad. I have spent all day on the Lego Block Tutorial, only to be confounded by: "Pad: Result has multiple solids. This is not supported at this time." error. I searched through the forum for posts related to this error. I spent the better part of two hours reading through many of them. My take on the problem was that in V0.16 the pad function worked as described, but mysterious problems cropped up later in the drawing. I saw that people were being advised to only work with tutorials for V0,17 and above. Earlier in the week I worked through the toothbrush head stand. I thought about that and went back and checked the procedure. I believe we performed a similar task in producing the cylinder protrusions on the top face of that part. It worked flawlessly. The difference in creating those pads was that we selected the top face of the base part to create our sketch on. I am going to stay up and give this a try with the Lego Block. I will report the success or failure of this later.

Thanks for making me think.
Charles
freedman
Veteran

Re: A simple question

Post by freedman »

Every once in a while I post this write-up I did when I started. Maybe it will help you.
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=29179
vocx
Veteran

Re: A Not so simple question

Post by vocx »

charles1954 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:23 am ..."Pad: Result has multiple solids. This is not supported at this time." ...
See feature editing.

A PartDesign Body must be a single contiguous solid. A screw is a single contiguous solid. A screw and a nut are two different solids. Even if you screw them together, they are not fused together, they are still separate solids. The screw would be one PartDesign Body, and the nut would be a second PartDesign Body.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.