Best way for first hand on FreeCAD 0.18 ?

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
vincen

Re: Best way for first hand on FreeCAD 0.18 ?

Post by vincen »

pl7i92LCNC wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:41 pm ther is a SKETCH inside PAD001
just dopple klick on that and you are fine
the Space bar can activate the sketch so you can see where it is located in the 3d view
Yep I found out that but thanks ;) when I go to that sketch I guess it's in the Base section I have to tweak but I can't edit these values, they are greyed :( in fact all the Placement part values are like that :o
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

In PartDesign you can edit only the AttachmentOffset. The placement is derived from that and the placement of the body.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
vincen

Post by vincen »

chrisb wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:26 pm In PartDesign you can edit only the AttachmentOffset. The placement is derived from that and the placement of the body.
oki will have to look more in details in documentation to understand that placement think as it looks more complicated than expected to move these 3 little parts as I want ! Just one question: why then it has not moved when I uppered dimensions of body ?
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

vincen wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:58 am it looks more complicated than expected to move these 3 little parts as I want ! Just one question: why then it has not moved when I uppered dimensions of body ?
I couldn't find a file from you. Did you upload it?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
vincen

Post by vincen »

chrisb wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:40 am
vincen wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:58 am it looks more complicated than expected to move these 3 little parts as I want ! Just one question: why then it has not moved when I uppered dimensions of body ?
I couldn't find a file from you. Did you upload it?
Oups my mistake, here it is: https://group.vincen.org/index.php/s/KYDkNe8WM7YaoNK

Thanks
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Yor tube has an inner diameter of 40 (radius=20), and an outer diameter of 50. With only 12mm offset you are of course inside the tube.
Snip macro screenshot-cb77ee.png
Snip macro screenshot-cb77ee.png (6.18 KiB) Viewed 492 times
Change the 18mm to be relative to the vertical line (6mm) and change the 12mm dimension to something shortly below 25mm:
Attachments
Snip macro screenshot-da0117.png
Snip macro screenshot-da0117.png (5.6 KiB) Viewed 492 times
vincen

Post by vincen »

chrisb wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:31 am Yor tube has an inner diameter of 40 (radius=20), and an outer diameter of 50. With only 12mm offset you are of course inside the tube.
Snip macro screenshot-cb77ee.png
Change the 18mm to be relative to the vertical line (6mm) and change the 12mm dimension to something shortly below 25mm:
Thanks for all explanations, will now take documentations to try to understand all what you explained and apply it at my model ;)