Points and ray quote view in sketcher

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
dino

Points and ray quote view in sketcher

Post by dino »

Dear,
it is possible change the view of points and ray quote?
The points (Part.point in sketcher creation) is showed identically to the vertexes of objects.
The ray is showed as distance.

It is possible change points view as X or some different to the vertexes? now it is difficult see when points have 'coincident' constraint

Tra ray quote is possible to add "R" prefix?

Thank you
Dino
Punto.PNG
Punto.PNG (9.24 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
Attachments
Raggio.PNG
Raggio.PNG (10.91 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Re: Points and ray quote view in sketcher

Post by DeepSOIC »

dino wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:21 pm It is possible change points view as X or some different to the vertexes?
There is no setting for that. With a bit of coding, that is for sure possible.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Both is currently not possible for simple users.
dino wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:21 pm now it is difficult see when points have 'coincident' constraint
How would you see with the rays that points are coincident?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
dino

Post by dino »

There is no bug,
what I would like is just that when I go to edit a sketch it is easier to graphically identify the points of coincidence between the various drawn entities (as it's when there is tangent) and to distinguish the radius dimensions with respect to linear dimensions
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I think I understand now better what you want. The image above suggested you want to change the point always to have the rays x. If it has the rays x only in case of a coincidence that may help identifying coincident points. And the R could be added as well, although a radius dimension can be easily identified if you show it at a certain angle (as in your image). If the units are suppressed by preference setting I would like to see the R to be suppressed too.

I have seen and investigated many sketches my own as well as those from other users, and the rayedx'ed coincidence may help identifying issues, although, as time goes by and experience rises, less issues occur and less clutter is highly appreciated.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

chrisb wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:59 pm I think I understand now better what you want. The image above suggested you want to change the point always to have the rays. ...
Please notice that in dino's original comment, by "ray quote" he meant "radius dimension". Things are lost in translation. The word "ray" originally provides from Latin "radius", so maybe dino, who is maybe Italian or Greek, didn't know how to translate that.

What he wants is (1) a way to distinguish object vertices from other points. And (2) to improve the way radius dimensions appear.
Last edited by vocx on Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I had seen the proposed new coincidence symbol as a point with rays (like sunrays).
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

chrisb wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:53 pm I had seen the proposed new coincidence symbol as a point with rays (like sunrays).
If you read the first post he called this "view as an X".
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

dino wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:21 pm It is possible change points view as X or some different to the vertexes? now it is difficult see when points have 'coincident' constraint
Dino, if what you propose is that the Endpoint display of Sketcher Geometry changes to show the X after a (Coincident?) Constraint has been applied to it, loosely based on your image (in which a Constraint hasn't been applied to the "better" Point displaying the X):

I think it's a good idea and worth a Feature Request in the bug tracker.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I have corrected my post above and support bejant's suggestion.