Cannot view gcode after post processing

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
charles1954

Cannot view gcode after post processing

Post by charles1954 »

After submitting a job for post processing FC used to ask for file name confirmation. It no longer does this. When it finishes with post processing it displays the gcode in a small window in the center of the screen. If I interact with this window in any way FC locks up. I have checked the directory that I specified for the gcode output. It does not appear as though FC is saving the file. Is this a reportable bug or am I doing wrong?

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.18811 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: b809867021deb37be1039dab37b9fe1cafab254e
Python version: 3.6.7
Qt version: 5.12.1
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/United States (en_US)
Attachments
desktop_specs.PNG
desktop_specs.PNG (12.77 KiB) Viewed 530 times
Router_Hold_Downs_004.FCStd
(566.33 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Cannot view gcode after post processing

Post by chrisb »

Is this really what you want: 1µm stepdown?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
charles1954

Post by charles1954 »

Yes. This is a very small light weight router of Chinese origin. Before I start increasing speeds and feeds I would like to observe it under these conditions. The two 'wings' on the base part are there to avoid my clamps. Is there another operation I should be using? I really only want to radius the corners a little. The final part will have an 8 by 50 slot and a single hole in the other end. I am more concerned with why it wont post process with out locking up. When I had two monitors up and could leave the report view open I saw an error that opencamlib was not working. I have the ocl.pyd file in the lib directory. Is there something I need to do to get it to load? I downloaded both versions (2.7 & 3.8) of python today but that didn't fix any thing. If theres anything I can do to help you sort this out just let me know.

charles
charles1954

Post by charles1954 »

Sorry Chris

You are 100% correct. I went back through my calculations and 0.001 mm is mighty small. I changed the stepdown to 0.127 and the post went off without a hitch. I need to go back and check my previous drawing and test it, but I think this will solve my problems. Many thanks for getting me on the right path.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

You're welcome. I have seen that you posted something similar and got a similar answer by mlampert. You should avoid such cross postings because many forum regulars read several forums if not all new messages, and it puts additional load on them when one answer is to be given here, while another helper invests his time analysing there.

Opencamlib is an additional library which you may have to install separately on windows, it is included in the Mac version and the Linux Appimage.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.