FC 0.19, Part-WB ... How can I disable auto-highlight while Mouse hovers over the object?

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
lutz_dd

FC 0.19, Part-WB ... How can I disable auto-highlight while Mouse hovers over the object?

Post by lutz_dd »

FC 0.19, Part-WB ... How can I disable auto-highlight while Mouse hoovers over an object in the Part-WB?

It seems to be introduced in FC 0.19 ... my FC 0.18 does not have this feature.
If I try to "Measure distance" (the small light blue rules, Tools->MeasureDistance) with the default cursor setting (aka small white cross, can't catch it by the screenshot) over a brigth-yellow highlighted object (default color) it is very difficult to hit anything.
I would really like to go with the FreeCAD default settings ... means no modification of the color settings.

---
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.18990 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: e499f384240196c415f207520bfbcb8df9d1b0d2
Python version: 3.7.3
Qt version: 5.12.5
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: German/Germany (de_DE)
Attachments
freecad_0.19_AutoHighlightPartWB.png
freecad_0.19_AutoHighlightPartWB.png (14.46 KiB) Viewed 1550 times
Last edited by Kunda1 on Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed typo on thread title
vocx
Veteran

Re: FC 0.19, Part-WB ... How can I disable auto-highlight while Mouse hoovers over the object?

Post by vocx »

lutz_dd wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:22 pm FC 0.19, Part-WB ... How can I disable auto-highlight while Mouse hoovers over an object in the Part-WB?
Use BoundBox selection, instead of Shape. See the view properties of Part_Feature.

Globaly this can be set with Std_SelBoundingBox.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
lutz_dd

Re: FC 0.19, Part-WB ... How can I disable auto-highlight while Mouse hoovers over the object?

Post by lutz_dd »

If I toggle "Std.SelBoundingBox on the view toolbar" it seems to affect the selection scheme and not the new added highlighting scheme.

While checking Std.SelBoundingBox it remembers me the screenshot came from an imported STL-object. In this case the object is highlighted completely in difference to a regular Solid-shape of the part-WB.

When I turn on the "Measure distance" tool there is nothing selected ... it is just the mouse hoover triggering the highlighting.
lutz_dd

Post by lutz_dd »

In order to make more complicated ... the mouse hoover in the treeview follows the selection-settings while the mouse hoover in the 3D does not.

I recognized a differenz selection/highlighting behavior (treeview vs 3d view) in this context already ... https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 33#p349426
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I would like to see a possibility (as before the Big Merge) for selecting features in PartDesign without highlighting the whole thing in 3D view.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Forthman
Veteran

Post by Forthman »

Hi,

Maybe :
View menu -> TreeView actions -> Pre-seletion :?:
lutz_dd

Post by lutz_dd »

@ Forthman ... if "View menu -> TreeView actions -> Pre-seletion = False" the highlighting (aka pre-selection) of the object is gone.

But the more severe highlighting in the 3D View (while mouse hovers over the object) is still there.
otoien

Post by otoien »

lutz_dd wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:18 pm @ Forthman ... if "View menu -> TreeView actions -> Pre-seletion = False" the highlighting (aka pre-selection) of the object is gone.

But the more severe highlighting in the 3D View (while mouse hovers over the object) is still there.
Edit-Preferences- Select Display - Color tab - Tick off Enable preselect highlighting.
lutz_dd

Post by lutz_dd »

Thx. folks for your help.
lutz_dd

Re: FC 0.19, Part-WB ... How can I disable auto-highlight while Mouse hovers over the object?

Post by lutz_dd »

Unfortunately "Edit-Preferences- Select Display - Color tab - Tick off Enable preselect highlighting" turns off the edge-selection in case of chamfer/fillet editing.