Multipal extrude/pad from a single skecth

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
rahmanshaber

Multipal extrude/pad from a single skecth

Post by rahmanshaber »

Hi i am from fusion 360 user. There i can extrude multipal part from a single sketch. But in freecad i can't able to to that.
the issue is in extrude/pad i can't select the part of the sketch that i want to extrude. it always extrude what it likes, i mean select the sketch it self.
see this pic, i want to to this.
[this][https://imgur.com/MTWlk6k]

1st pic .see there i extrude the bottom part first then i did the current one shown in pic second extrude.
2nd and 3rd one see the sketch and the pad from freecad.

Why there is no way to upload pic here directly?
kisolre
Veteran

Re: Multipal extrude/pad from a single skecth

Post by kisolre »

rahmanshaber wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:06 am Why there is no way to upload pic here directly?
You can drag/drop them over the text editing area or use "Attachments" tab under the "Submit" button.

On your main question - this is just the way FreeCAD is designed to act at the moment. You can draw everything in one sketch and then use "Link external geometry" in another sketch to import only the things that you need for that specific feature.
rahmanshaber

Post by rahmanshaber »

kisolre wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:27 am
rahmanshaber wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:06 am Why there is no way to upload pic here directly?
You can drag/drop them over the text editing area or use "Attachments" tab under the "Submit" button.

On your main question - this is just the way FreeCAD is designed to act at the moment. You can draw everything in one sketch and then use "Link external geometry" in another sketch to import only the things that you need for that specific feature.
but think about it, there will be so many sketch. And where is the "Link external geometry" thing? any guide for it?
papyblaise
Veteran

Post by papyblaise »

I can see saveral "auto-intersections" this is cause of crash
do this in2 or 3 times without auto-intersection
Attachments
autointersection-1.PNG
autointersection-1.PNG (16.89 KiB) Viewed 324 times
autointersection.PNG
autointersection.PNG (10.29 KiB) Viewed 324 times
kisolre
Veteran

Post by kisolre »

rahmanshaber wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:14 am And where is the "Link external geometry" thing? any guide for it?
Sketcher_External
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

The same question had been asked not too long ago, please search the forum for the other discussion.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.