link mirror

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
memfis

link mirror

Post by memfis »

Colleagues,

There is a sketch workbench, it is possible to create copies of the sketch with reflection relative to the X or U axis. And how are similar tasks with PartDi solved? Here I make a group of sketches, with their use I create a pattern, but the patterns need not 1, but a lot. I can create them through the very handy link menu, I can change the position of the created patterns. But I need to have a mirrored pattern. How can this be solved?
memfis

link sketch mirror adn patch mirror

Post by memfis »

Colleagues,

Those in the forum on the Sketches did not find, and the task is clearly to the needs of Patch.
There is a sketch layout, it is possible to create copies of the sketch with a reflection relative to the X or U axis. But a copy is a copy, subsequent changes to the original are not reflected in the copy.
Here in PartDi you can create a link pattern, the copy created in this way can be moved = new pattern and changes to the original will be displayed. But for a pattern it is not possible (or I will not know how to do it) to mirror it relative to the axis.
I can display the ready g-code in the console or I can hand it to the axis. But how can I solve the problem inside FC?

Yes, the final task is to make a mirror part. But it would be good to create it and see it in the program with minimum expenses.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: link mirror

Post by chrisb »

You can mirror one or more sketches with Part->Mirror.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Moved from PartDesign module development and merged with similar post.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
memfis

Post by memfis »

chrisb wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:18 am You can mirror one or more sketches with Part->Mirror.
Thank you for the tip. But not quite...

1. making a body, ready. For this we do all the necessary sketches, rotations, squeezing, grooves, etc.
2. we go to the workbench Part
3. Mirror the pattern - a new pattern will appear and the new one will lie under the old "face down" pattern.
4. then, in the mirror pattern position options, set the required pattern turns in the axes settings, also shift the position if necessary. For example, instead of 0 degrees for the axes x=0, y=0, z=1 we set 180 for x=0, y=1, z=0.
memfis

Post by memfis »

And directly at the Patch workbench? - a ready-made set of operations to mirror?
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Patch is Part?? You must not use a pattern or other feature for the Part mirror, you have to use the whole body.
freedman
Veteran

Post by freedman »

Maybe this will help. There is "sketch mirror" and "sketch merge"
Attachments
sketch_mirror_merge.JPG
sketch_mirror_merge.JPG (8.74 KiB) Viewed 924 times
memfis

Post by memfis »

chrisb wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:01 pm Patch is Part?? You must not use a pattern or other feature for the Part mirror, you have to use the whole body.
Path.

When I make mirrored products, there are two ways -

1. create a volumetric or flat pattern (sketch only), then create a pattern clone - mirror, then create separate control programs on the main pattern and on the clone in the Path Workbench.
2. create a volumetric or flat pattern (sketch only) and on it create a processing program, then create a mirror of the processing program. And for a clone, you can create a pattern already for visualization only.

The first path will show both details on the screen = clearly, but it is not always necessary. The second way, if Path could do it, faster.
Last edited by memfis on Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
kisolre
Veteran

Post by kisolre »

"PATH" is not the same as "PATCH". There is no "PATCH" WB