version 18

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Ross S

version 18

Post by Ross S »

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.4 (GitTag)
Build type: Release
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-18
Hash: 980bf9060e28555fecd9e3462f68ca74007b70f8
Python version: 3.6.6
Qt version: 5.6.2
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)
I am trying to use a tutorial that is for version 17 as I cannot find one for v18, but it doesn't seem to work. Am trying to make a simple polygon in sketcher, but it doesn't react like what is in the tutorial. do I need to find the proper tutorial for v18?
thanks whomever
vocx
Veteran

Re: version 18

Post by vocx »

Ross S wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:49 am ...
I am trying to use a tutorial that is for version 17 ...
I mean, which tutorial exactly? We can't guess.

The sketcher has worked in essentially the same way for a long time, so most tutorials that you may find online should work.

See the Sketcher reference for a long and detailed manual. If you prefer something smaller, see the Basic Sketcher Tutorial.

I really recommend the first manual, as it goes into quite a lot of detail about each operation, taking you from the basics all the way to more complex shape building.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: version 18

Post by chrisb »

You may have a look at the Mouse Model and check if the keys have the expected meaning. You may also have a look at the Known OS specific issues.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.