Lithophane & mesh & part

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
memfis

Lithophane & mesh & part

Post by memfis »

I use the Lithophane workbench - I upload a picture, get mesh from it, in the workbench settings I specified the path to blender. But I can't get a solid body for further use in Path.

What am I doing wrong?

By the way, if you use openscad (appimage 0.19) in the layout, you get an error -

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/tmp/.mount_FreeCA0EDdBk/usr/Mod/OpenSCAD/OpenSCADUtils.py", line 457, in meshoptempfile
    result = callopenscadmeshstring('%s(){%s}' % (opname,meshimports))
  File "/tmp/.mount_FreeCA0EDdBk/usr/Mod/OpenSCAD/OpenSCADUtils.py", line 421, in callopenscadmeshstring
    tmpfilename=callopenscadstring(scadstr,'stl')
  File "/tmp/.mount_FreeCA0EDdBk/usr/Mod/OpenSCAD/OpenSCADUtils.py", line 198, in callopenscadstring
    outputfilename = callopenscad(inputfilename,outputext=outputext,\
  File "/tmp/.mount_FreeCA0EDdBk/usr/Mod/OpenSCAD/OpenSCADUtils.py", line 183, in callopenscad
    check_output2([osfilename,'-o',outputfilename, inputfilename])
  File "/tmp/.mount_FreeCA0EDdBk/usr/Mod/OpenSCAD/OpenSCADUtils.py", line 163, in check_output2
    raise OpenSCADError('%s %s\n' % (stdoutd.strip(),stderrd.strip()))
<class 'OpenSCADUtils.OpenSCADError'>: " /usr/bin/openscad: /tmp/.mount_FreeCA0EDdBk/usr/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.14' not found (required by /usr/bin/openscad)\n/usr/bin/openscad: /tmp/.mount_FreeCA0EDdBk/usr/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.13' not found (required by /usr/lib/libqscintilla2_qt5.so.15)\n"
1096.62 <App> Document.cpp(3715): Failed to recompute test#_______________________________2020_03_11_00_36_35_Mesh: " /usr/bin/openscad: /tmp/.mount_FreeCA0EDdBk/usr/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.14' not found (required by /usr/bin/openscad)\n/usr/bin/openscad: /tmp/.mount_FreeCA0EDdBk/usr/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.13' not found (required by /usr/lib/libqscintilla2_qt5.so.15)\n"
Recompute failed! Please check report view.
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.19955 (Git) AppImage
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: fd907d6d9789f71007b8d0177d167f1de82629b8
Python version: 3.8.2
Qt version: 5.12.5
Coin version: 4.0.0
OCC version: 7.4.0
Locale: Russian/Russia (ru_RU)
Attachments
test.FCStd
(346.44 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
Last edited by memfis on Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Lithophane & mesh & part

Post by chrisb »

Please edit your post and add code tags around the output for improved readability.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

chrisb wrote: Please edit your post and add code tags around the output for improved readability.
And please when asking for assistance, especially when there are external dependency problems which it looks like in this case, please always paste your About info so we skip this whole step of asking this from you.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
memfis

Post by memfis »

The problem with dependencies is secondary here, according to the author of the layout, using blender is several times more effective.

The question was, in the future, the main use of the grid. I watched the developer's video of making a blender for a lamp - I can't do it along the way. The author is adding or subtracting the created relief and primitive, and at me at attempt to add or subtract the relief with the primitive (cube) -
Снимок экрана от 2020-03-11 16-23-25.png
Снимок экрана от 2020-03-11 16-23-25.png (191.62 KiB) Viewed 1744 times
it's all gone, completely...
Снимок экрана от 2020-03-11 16-24-15.png
Снимок экрана от 2020-03-11 16-24-15.png (317.68 KiB) Viewed 1744 times
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

furti wrote::bell:
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
furti

Post by furti »

memfis wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:49 am But I can't get a solid body for further use in Path.
You never get a solid when working with the lithophane workbench. The lithophanes are too complex to be converted.
memfis wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:26 pm The author is adding or subtracting the created relief and primitive, and at me at attempt to add or subtract the relief with the primitive (cube) -
I'm not a 100 percent sure what you want to do. From the screenshot i see that you have no boolean operations defined in the lithopane.

You can't use part operations on a lithophane and a solid.
memfis

Post by memfis »

Why not? You're the one who used the real picture, or you can use a prepared picture in which everything will be pre-aliased in shades of grey. I tried it - it's quite a working option.
Alternatively, there's an image-to-gcode script from LinuxCNC that performs a direct conversion of the image to g-code in two ways. It has disadvantages - for example, it spends a lot of time on processing unnecessary planes and so on.
A variant based on LF in FC would be good in that it would allow you to impose small pieces on the piece as a whole and, given the progress in the layout of Path, selectively process 3d. On the back of the future chair the spectator in a state of moderate drinking should guess resting mermaids (В спинке будущего стула зрителем в состоянии умеренного подпития должны угадываться отдыхающие русалки) -
Снимок экрана от 2020-03-12 13-12-45.png
Снимок экрана от 2020-03-12 13-12-45.png (292.41 KiB) Viewed 1673 times
If LF can make a grid, it can and should be turned into a surface available for Path processing.
drawing status - a test to test the capabilities -
test
test
3.png (86.6 KiB) Viewed 1673 times
furti

Post by furti »

memfis wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:23 amWhy not?
Maybe I said it the wrong way. It might be possible to get a Solid. But currently it is not implemented.

I don't know anything about the Path workbench. So I can't say, if it is possible to get Gcode from a Mesh or if the informations of a Shape are needed to produce GCode.

But currenlty there is not much in the Lithophane Workbench that can generate a Solid from the Mesh. Depending on the Image used, the Mesh has a huge amout of triangles. Way over 100000. This is too much for the Mesh to Shape algorithm built in to FreeCAD
memfis

Post by memfis »

What would you like to propose or discuss.
It is obvious that the workbench Lithophane processes the picture very well and converts it into black and white (Lithophane) - transitions from black to white in the curves of the damage.
As a competing solution, I have used Inkscape and image-to-gcode this week. I-to-G is a python script, therefore it can be used inside FC, this script perfectly converts Lithophane to g-code. The finished g-code is perfectly ported to the FC. But the preparation of Lithophane is not an easy issue for an engineer (it is easier for an artist). The problem with preparing Lithophane inkscape with the resulting transformation into image-to-gcode is that I-to-G probably has a purely linear table for transforming the value of Black to Height. And Ink is not linear. The result is unnecessary mountain peaks.
The idea is as follows - to cross on Michurin (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Vlad ... h_Michurin) work of the module of transformation of a picture in Lithophane and work of the script Image-to-gcode without going beyond FreeCad.