rookie question (probably)

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Roy_043
Veteran

Re: rookie question (probably)

Post by Roy_043 »

Zolko wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:05 am
rocr wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:02 pm Are you the one that never really answers, but makes a point out of if a question is formulated correctly?
No, that's vocx.
That is most certainly not the case.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Zolko wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:05 am
rocr wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:02 pm Are you the one that never really answers, but makes a point out of if a question is formulated correctly?
No, that's vocx.
This is inappropriate and I've asked you to reconsider posting this.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

Zolko wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:05 am No, that's vocx.
LOL, what the hell, man?

By the way, I love these threads recently where we just gang up on one unsuspecting user. It's absolutely hilarious. This one as well, Just wondering.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Despite being wrong it was a bit funny - or vice versa, but nevertheless it is wrong.
First let me state that vocx's help contributions often come from the program side. He often explains the reasons why things are the way they are, based on program structures rather than from a user's point of view. For users he usually doesn't give concrete answers, but points to the wiki instead.
Second, the forum regulars know how the question and answer game goes. I do this too: if I see a question and I think that FreeCAD infos and a file would be helpful, then I ask for it, even if I cannot answer the question - neither without nor with such things provided.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
MSOlsen65

Post by MSOlsen65 »

chrisb wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:33 pm Despite being wrong it was a bit funny - or vice versa, but nevertheless it is wrong.
First let me state that vocx's help contributions often come from the program side. He often explains the reasons why things are the way they are, based on program structures rather than from a user's point of view. For users he usually doesn't give concrete answers, but points to the wiki instead.
I have to agree with chrisb. vox is a hard working and dedicated member of this forum who provides invaluable technical insight. He is a strong narrow focused personality, but he is also one of the first to honestly reach out and help. It is one thing to disagree with him and to explain/justify your point of view; it is another to publicly mock him.

I do understand it was meant to be humorous, but sarcasm is always a hurtful type of humor, and is best avoided. While vocx and I have "butted heads", and yes it hurt (I think his is reinforced concrete ... or is that mine and his is just a jackhammer, hmm..... lol), I nevertheless have a strong respect for him and the work he does. I would like to think of him as a friend, as that super smart sibling that I ask for help on my homework. He doesn't do the work for me (and sometimes that frustrates the crap out of me), but in the end, I wouldn't have succeeded without him. I'm actually glad he is a part of the forum. He is one of our best assets.
Sincerely,

Michael S. Olsen
Electrical Engineer & Joiner