Assembling to radius

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
cvanscott

Assembling to radius

Post by cvanscott »

Hello, folks. I am relatively new to CAD and FreeCAD. I've been spending a lot of time learning and I've been happy with my results so far, but bear with me as I am a relative newbie.

The issue I am having seems relatively simple, at least I thought that it did. I am trying to attach a two parts with flat surfaces to a surface with a radius. I've tried searching this but I honestly can't think of how to describe it. Hopefully the screen captures will help explain it better than I can.

You'll see in the image the main body with two circles draw on face with the radius. This is where I am trying to attach the two parts that are to either side of the body in the image. I've tried several methods, including creating a circular pad from the main body and a matching pocket in the smaller pieces, using a circular edge constraint in the A2 workbench. I've also tried the opposite, a pad in the main body where the drawn circles are and a matching pocket in the attachment pieces.

I'm certain it is something simple and I'm just not experienced enough to know what it is I'm not doing correctly, but this is my issue. Hopefully it's clear enough for you to lend some help to a newb.

]The important stuff:

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.4 (GitTag)
Build type: Release
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-18
Hash: 980bf9060e28555fecd9e3462f68ca74007b70f8
Python version: 3.6.6
Qt version: 5.6.2
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)[/b][/b]

Hopefully I've hit all the criteria for my first post and I thank you in advance for any help that follows.
Attachments
clamp SS.jpg
clamp SS.jpg (188.64 KiB) Viewed 752 times