Body not updating after change sketch

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Body not updating after change sketch

Post by chrisb »

LJL_Houben wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:09 pm Ok, I tried to change the plane as suggested, but unfortunally this didn't solve the issue
Did you follow the procedure shown above or did you use the attachment dialog?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
LJL_Houben

Post by LJL_Houben »

chrisb wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:50 am
LJL_Houben wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:09 pm Ok, I tried to change the plane as suggested, but unfortunally this didn't solve the issue
Did you follow the procedure shown above or did you use the attachment dialog?
I followed your steps (as far as I did understand them).
LJL_Houben

Post by LJL_Houben »

GeneFC wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:51 am I am not sure how you did it, but somehow Sketch 3 is attached to itself.

Sketch 3.jpg

You can delete Sketch003 (Sketch_TriangleProfile) from Support and just let it float for the moment. It should ultimately be attached to a base plane or a datum plane for stability.

You will see that the DAG error goes away. The Dependency Graph will look normal.

Gene
Hi GeneFC

I also don't know how I created this :roll: But could you tell me how to switch on the view for the 'Support'? If I select the same parts then I don't even see the entry 'support'.
Missing Edge5.png
Missing Edge5.png (74.26 KiB) Viewed 393 times
LJL_Houben

Post by LJL_Houben »

Got it !!! :D

Although I stil don't see the 'support' property, I clicked on the 3dots at the 'map mode'. Within the next screen there was a reference to sketch003 (don't know how it came there though :oops: ). I removed this entry and then the dependency tree shows no more issues.
Missing Edge6.png
Missing Edge6.png (147.33 KiB) Viewed 389 times
Thanks for all the help you Guys :)
My knowledge has a bit improved now ;)
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

LJL_Houben wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:50 am
GeneFC wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:51 am I am not sure how you did it, but somehow Sketch 3 is attached to itself.

Gene
I also don't know how I created this :roll: But could you tell me how to switch on the view for the 'Support'? If I select the same parts then I don't even see the entry 'support'.
Glad you got it sorted out. I suspect you were working with a different version of the FCStd file than the one I downloaded. It is possible there are differences in my setup parameters compared to yours, but it does not matter now.

Gene