Points turned into squares

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
freedman
Veteran

Points turned into squares

Post by freedman »

This just started in the last day or two. My points ( I enlarged) turned into blocks. Anyone experienced this? Is there a fix? I'm running an older version here but it happens on 0.19 system also.

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.16085 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: 6323069cbbda5ac71dff073f15cc632d8a1f3ea3
Python version: 2.7.14
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.2.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)
Attachments
points1.JPG
points1.JPG (10.55 KiB) Viewed 346 times
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Points turned into squares

Post by chrisb »

Looks like Draft workbench edit mode. If not, describe at least which workbench you use and you may upload the model.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
freedman
Veteran

Post by freedman »

Working in PartDesign. Never entered Draft with this model. Now that I think about, this might have started when I reset my config file.
Thanks
Attachments
wing_part.FCStd
(20.34 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Here the points are round and huge. Did you set the point size on purpose to 14? Perhaps it's a combination of the point size and some display issue, which was present but didn't show with small points. A two pixel circle looks the same as a two pixel square.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
freedman
Veteran

Post by freedman »

I enlarged them to show the issue. Maybe someone will know where the image comes from (round vs square). I have been using point size for a new concept, they have been round for the last month.
Thanks
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

freedman wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:49 pm Maybe someone will know where the image comes from (round vs square)...
I remember for a long time the vertices looked square, and then something happened, new version, reinstalled my operating system, new hard drive, etc. And now I have round vertices. I don't know what caused the change. It just happened one day. I would say it is something to do with Coin, or your graphics driver, but it's not something you really need to think too much about.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
Vincent B
Veteran

Post by Vincent B »

inside preferences/display try to change for that. ;)
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (32.33 KiB) Viewed 261 times
freedman
Veteran

Post by freedman »

I would say it is something to do with Coin, or your graphics driver, but it's not something you really need to think too much about.<e>
Unfortunately for the last month I have been writing a macro that uses the points, making them bigger and smaller.

GlouGlou, thank you, thank you, thank you, that fixed it. There must be some issue with taking a document between computers. I can't get to both systems right now but I'm sure they are different settings.

Thanks all, I was thinking all my work was going to trashed.