- The aim of topic: shorten the time of getting to production with FreeCAD
- It is intended to be SOLUTION-AIMED, while the wiki is description-aimed
- To achieve this - collect in a single place and structured:
- found solutions
- surprising cases, non-intuitive features,
- extract direct steps from WIKI.freecadweb.org,
- collect the registry of solutions from forum.
- This topic is planned to collect experience WHILE learning the FreeCAD.
For this purpose I plan:
- Using the TOC in the Head-Post.
- Each topic containing a certain solution will get included in the TOC in the first head post
- [Heading of the post included in the TOC]
- General links for installation and tuning instructions (they are few) - will be included in this head-post.
For those, who post his methods/workflows here, with they're agreement (mark your posts - "Add to general content") - i hope to copy the content to the appropriate post, restructure it up to my understanding and include the link to original post and mark the "copyright" of the original Author.
A. General installation steps]
1. GET THE PROGRAM:
a. General download page: https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Download
b. Latest prerelease: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/rele ... g/0.19_pre
(// the date on this page 2019.11.03 - marks only the post making date, but the real date of actual compilation is seen by the dates inside the archive )
c. If need a completely portable version, contained in a signe folder - goto
and follow the instructions.
2. Install Addons:
Run FreeCAD -> [Tools]>[AddonManager] - #Select+ [Install/Update selected]
Main addons for me: A2Plus, DinamicData, Fasteners
// !! Advise: copy the folder with installed workbenches to your local folder - so, that you can reinstall them without the acces to internet.
3. Other links:
a. Feature List : https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Feature_list
b. External workbenches: https://wiki.freecadweb.org/External_workbenches
[ TABLE OF CONTENT ]
1. DIFFERENT TOOL TIPS (https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 09#p423300)
2. EASY START MODELLING: data -> 2D ->3D (Sketcher, Part, PartDesign, A2Plus) (https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 09#p423301)
3. General Workflow optimisation (https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 02#p423302)
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 70#p429270
content: guideline + Sketch => 3D Shape (profile, tube, etc,) Not intuitive feature: [Attach Sketch to Face] - is able to attach also to edges.
5. WB-Part-works (TODO:)
6. WB-PartDesign-works (Using ShapeBinders: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 98#p425098)
7. A2Plus-works :
---- https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 85#p423485
8. Tools for elementary 2D and 3D Geometry operations
9. WORKFLOW Research for best solution: building FENCES and GATES
-----> https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 41#p425960
10. Parametric (Mostly) Carport: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=49165
1. to 3D - pdf https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 15#p425963
2. STEP import repositioning
- import STEP as "assembly per file" without soliding -> move all imported details to the root of treeview ->save as StepImport.FCStd;
- reposition as needed
- NewFile -> A2Plus -> import detail after detail -> save.
- Can be exported-imported again through STEP to become irreversible )