Code: Select all
OS: Windows 10 (10.0) Word size of OS: 64-bit Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit Version: 0.19.22284 (Git) Build type: Release Branch: master Hash: bf1e8e48389f5e9e25bd77b67fe98da4213e797c Python version: 3.8.5 Qt version: 5.12.5 Coin version: 4.0.0 OCC version: 7.4.0 Locale: English/United States (en_US)
As a test, I went into the Part WB, created a cube and two cones and fused the cube and first cone. I then went to the model view, right-clicked the document name and clicked "Search...".
First, I did notice a difference in the general functionality of search: in 0.18, typing into the search box highlights all matching entries in the model view dynamically as you type. In 0.19 instead, the list of matches shows below the search box. Only once the typed string exactly matches the object name or the list is clicked will the object be highlighted. I assume this change is by design.
I did notice that case matters somewhat in 0.19: typing "Fusion" will highlight the object while typing it all lower case "fusion" will leave it listed below the search box and this must be clicked to highlight the object. In 0.18, search was completely case-insensitive.
In 0.18, typing "Cub" in the search box selects the "Cube" in the model view. in 0.19, typing "Cub" has no effect: nothing is shown matching. (Typing "Con" lists both cones.) However, finishing typing "Cube" will highlight the object. Typing "cube" will not match anything. I did discover by accident that typing "Bo" or "bo" will match a name "Box" and clicking it or finishing "Box" highlights the cube.
In 0.18, typing any substring highlights all matching entries in the model view. For example, typing "one" in the search box highlights both "Cone" and "Cone001". In 0.19, this shows nothing; typing "Con" instead lists both "Cone" and "Cone001".
The fact that you cannot search for a substring in the middle of a name is a serious functional regression from 0.18. The fact that some objects cannot be found with substrings at all seems like a downright bug.
I do remember seeing reports of a bug in auto-completing names in expressions which I cannot find currently. I'm wondering if this bug is related.
Also to note that I also have a older version of 0.19 which exhibits the same behavior so the bug seems to have been before that:
Code: Select all
OS: Windows 10 (10.0) Word size of OS: 64-bit Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit Version: 0.19.21125 (Git) Build type: Release Branch: master Hash: 40600a55c2fe71ff589be677f6e427ccc937d003 Python version: 3.8.2 Qt version: 5.12.5 Coin version: 4.0.0 OCC version: 7.4.0 Locale: English/United States (en_US)