bent sheet metal manufacturability problem

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mfro

Re: bent sheet metal manufacturability problem

Post by mfro »

chrisb wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:24 am I am not at all familiar with OpenSCAD, but there is an import format *.csg for OpenSCAD files. Can you export into that format? Hopeully it is not lossy as stl is.
*.csg is something different, I believe.

OpenSCAD (*.scad) files *can* be imported: https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Import_OpenSCAD_code (provided you have the application installed and follow the instructions in the link).

This will not help much, however, I'm afraid. The radii still appear to be ragged somehow:
Bildschirmfoto von 2020-10-26 12-59-44.png
Bildschirmfoto von 2020-10-26 12-59-44.png (2.35 KiB) Viewed 493 times
But someone with more patience than me might be able to delete and recreate them in FreeCAD.
Cheers,
Markus
Internet4ever

Post by Internet4ever »

Thanks to all contributors! I'm going to have a look at the sheetmetal workbench.I did not expect that the rack panel can be unfolded, because of the facetted bends.
Internet4ever

Post by Internet4ever »

Thank you @papyblaise! More than a year has passed w/o me working on the project anymore. I'll be using your kind example to proceed.
papyblaise
Veteran

Post by papyblaise »

we find the same problem here https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 30#p551252
the folding and unfolding protocol changes from one software to another, which makes them incompatible