Lost my work and cannot find it

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Lost my work and cannot find it

Post by chrisb »

Searching is not everything. If you want to understand how things work you cannot with a complicated tool as TechDraw (or FreeCAD in general) expect to start somewhere, continue until yout got stuck and then start searching just for the current issue. Sometimes you have to prepare yourself by reading a bit more than what is at that very moment necessary, because in the next moment you will face the next problem.
I may have some more experience, but I went to the TechDraw page and then followed the View link, because that'Äs how A view is placed on the page. And there I found it among the properties; So nothing extremely tricky.

If you want to use TechDraw, I recommend to read the main page, the view page, and work through at least the first tutorial linked the TechDraw main page.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
foxint

Post by foxint »

Thanks Chris

I will go an do that.

I went to you link and it did give an explanation. But it did not say how it is turned off or on.

Thank you
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

foxint wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:53 am I went to you link and it did give an explanation. But it did not say how it is turned off or on.
In the left lower corner is the properties panel. You can change the values there. You can change there e.g. the scale as mentioned before and toggle LockPosition between true and false.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
foxint

Post by foxint »

Hi Chris

Sorry I have been doing VAT reporting most of today. Now almost time to make dinner for my daughters...that if my (soon to be) ex- brings them back.

From my playing with the True/False - on false when I change the scale it does nothing. On True, the scaling works but I have to click the blue arrows. So True seems to be a good option

Is this how it works??

Thank you.
Attachments
2021-01-06-Scaling.PNG
2021-01-06-Scaling.PNG (9.57 KiB) Viewed 501 times
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I'm not a TechDraw expert, but that's how I do it. Good to see you got it working.
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

foxint wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:07 am Is this how it works??
yes.

Some actions will trigger a recompute automatically, some things deliberately not at the time you edit them, typically because they could cause a very slow complex recompute and if you want to make many changes having to wait a long time every time you change one thing gets unworkable. So make the changes you want, then recompute your drawing.