Ticket #4515 - Preferences folder misused in Mac version (was: Lost my menu/icons)

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
qwerty_f

Re: Lost my menu/icons

Post by qwerty_f »

Can you push me towards the right place where to put that request? I'd then place a formal request.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

http://www.freecadweb.org/tracker/ classify it as feature request and crosslink the request and this topic.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
qwerty_f

Post by qwerty_f »

chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Thanks; I fixed the link (containing an additional blank) and added current FreeCAD info.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

JFYI, the version v0.19 stated in issue #4515 is quite outdated: Version: 0.19.14555 (Git shallow) (at the time of this post we're at 0.19-23463. That's 8908 commits behind!)
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
qwerty_f

Post by qwerty_f »

Pretty sure it has not changed (why should one have done?). I'm still struggling to get a new version to run under Big Sur https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 5&start=90
Kunda1
Veteran

Re:Ticket #4515 - Preferences folder misused in Mac version (was: Lost my menu/icons)

Post by Kunda1 »

qwerty_f wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:18 am Pretty sure it has not changed (why should one have done?). I'm still struggling to get a new version to run under Big Sur https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 5&start=90
Is this still an issue on v0.20dev ?
ref: issue #4515
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Ticket #4515 - Preferences folder misused in Mac version (was: Lost my menu/icons)

Post by chrisb »

It is solved and I closed the ticket.
mac_user

Post by mac_user »

qwerty_f wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:39 pm Well, a new folder was created, but the menus still are missing. Even more mysterious: I shrinked the workbench menu before and that shrunken menu is still present. There must be some secret other menu location?!
Did you solved the problem with menu? looks like I have same one, delete and reinstall the app doesn't work ver 20.2
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Ticket #4515 - Preferences folder misused in Mac version (was: Lost my menu/icons)

Post by chrisb »

Please post your full FreeCAD infos.